NanoMoteQuad buttons dont work and Battery does not report

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f6173920618>
  • Platform information:

    • Hardware: Pi 4

    • OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) from openhabian-pi-raspbian image

    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_252-b225)

    • openHAB version: openHAB 2.5.6-1 (Release Build)

  • Issue of the topic:
    I added Aeotec NanoMote Quad, link to log below(2000+ lines)
    None of the buttons show any z-wave login entries except double clicking button 1, link to log below.
    Battery level never updates.

Paper UI control
Battery Level -NaN %

The current node is 6 after excluded and re-added.

When it was node 5 and the buttons did not work I tried to change the configuration in HABmin.
43 Low battery buzzer to enable to see if I could change the config and got a pending box that never went away.

I then excluded it and deleted it and turned on the z-wave debug log, included and double clicked button 1.
Link to Logs

AddDevice log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QEAnILW1kJJlhyKWHzYvjOeWWcUGSvUG/view?usp=sharing

DblClickButton1 log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QEAnILW1kJJlhyKWHzYvjOeWWcUGSvUG/view?usp=sharing

FWIW, I have a Wall Mote Quad for about a week and I’ve yet to see a Battery Level event. Could be it only reports when it changes (eg off 100% --> 95% etc???).

I have no issues with the Wall Mote Quad reporting changes in scene_number, but only when it changes. Eg if I Tap “1” more than once I only see the first “1”. If I tap “1” “2” “1” “2” in order, I see all 4 being reported. In order to see every tap (even if it is “1”, “1”) under a my Rules for the Mote, I have:

rule "Toggle All Lights"

when
	Item ZWave_Node20_SN changed // zwave_device_cc323ca9_node20_scene_number changed
then
	if(ZWave_Node20_SN.state ==1.0) { // One Press on the Button to Turn ON & OFF
		if(gTheater_LA_Power.state == ON)
			gTheater_LA_Power.sendCommand(OFF)
		else
			gTheater_LA_Power.sendCommand(ON)
		}
	while(ZWave_Node20_SN.state ==1.2) { // Long Press on the Button to DIM in in 
		gTheater_LA_Dimmer.sendCommand((gTheater_LA_Dimmer.state as Number) -5 ) //Modify this for how much of a dimming is done each step
		if (gTheater_LA_Dimmer.state<6)
			gTheater_LA_Dimmer.sendCommand(100)
		Thread::sleep(500) // Modify this for how fast the change in dimming is done, can't be too fast
		}
	if(ZWave_Node20_SN.state ==2.0) { // One Press on the Button to Turn ON & OFF
		if(gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.state>0)
			gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.sendCommand(OFF)
		else
			gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.sendCommand(ON)
		}
	while(ZWave_Node20_SN.state ==2.2) { // Long Press on the Button to DIM in in 
		gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.sendCommand((gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.state as Number) -5 ) //Modify this for how much of a dimming is done each step
		if (gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.state<6)
			gKitchen_LA_Dimmer.sendCommand(100)
		Thread::sleep(500) // Modify this for how fast the change in dimming is done, can't be too fast
		}
	ZWave_Node20_SN.postUpdate(NULL) // Rest the Button to NULL or it will not trigger the next event if it is the same as the last
	
end

My wall mote reports battery levels correctly at 1% intervals.

image

If you set your rule to received update instead of changed, you will get every event, including repeated presses of the same scene.

How long have you waited? From the looks of the logs, the device is working properly, but in my experience it takes a while (sometimes a few days) before battery devices (particularly Aeotec) start to send battery info. I think they might automatically only update that field when it changes so without forcing the the issue (e.g. a full network heal) it could be a while for a energy efficient low use device.

1 Like

It appears to be a problem with the default setup for the NanoMote Quad after discovery.

I went to Paper UI and edited the config and assigned controler to all the association groups.
The buttons are now sending the battery level and scene number on the button clicks.
The double clicks are sending something I do not know what.

The HABmin interface now says “Node initialsing ASSOCIATIONS”
and the pending orange tags above the Association Group items went away after about 20 min.

I will try to add the item to the device(I think Scene Number) and see if the button responds to a rule.

Somewhere I read you can create a log entry from a rule, I will try that and see all the buttons are sending unique scene numbers for all the button clicks and DblClicks.

When trying to work out what the state was, I added the following so I could see what it was sending to a rule:

logInfo(“notifications”, "Here " + zwave_device_cc323ca9_node20_scene_number.state)

Thanks Justin - works well!

Thanks that saved me searching the Doc to see how to do that.