Need Help: Openhab2 install KNX-Binding

Hello community,

I need some help by installing the KNX-binding. I´m beginner, so don´t worry about these questions. I already installed openhab2 on an raspberryPi2 with the installation package of openhabian. It works well, I choosed the minimum installation due the process an be able to start the webinterface with the paper ui. When I go to add-ons, there are the bindings for HUE, SAMSUNG, SONOS and so on, but no binding for KNX.
So, I read so many different instructions for installing and configurating these (old) OH1 binding. I tryed different things, but without success. I hope, someone can give me a short step-by-step- tutorial (please note my beginner status):slight_smile:

Here are some additional informations, what I did, for example.
I downloaded the file “org.openhab.binding.knx_2.0.0.201702181144.jar” and tryed to copy this on the right place. But I´m very unsure about the folder structure on the raspberryPi2 with my openhabian installation. When in go to by remote network access, I see the folders “openHAB-conf”, “openHAB-share” and openhabian (emty, seems like to be the Linux folder “home”). In the folder “openHAB-share” are the Folders “openhab2-addons”, “openhab2-conf”, openhab2-log", “openhab2-sys” and “openhab2-userdata”.
I don´t know, where to copy the jar-file. Can I copy it similar this way, or by using the eclipse software? (I tried also. When I logon by SSH (putty) as user openhabian, I can see the copied files. But there is no KNX-binding in the webinterface! Or is there an easier way for installing the KNX-binding?

What is wrong?! Thank you for help!

In this case (minimal), you won’t have support for 1.x compatibility.
The KNX Binding is still version 1.x. The developers are preparing the 2.x version.
To allow for 1.x bindings, modify your /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg file and set:

package = expert

You will then have the option to install the KNX 1.x binding from PaperUI

This is still under development. I recommend that you use the 1.x version that you will find in PaperUI (install it from there and then update the /etc/openhab2/services/knx.cfg file.

More info on: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/knx1/readme.html

1 Like

It works, thank you for support!

1 Like

Hi I am having problem in installing Knx binding

on log file error

2017-08-09 17:05:57.051 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-network", openhab-binding-knx1, openhab-binding-"knx’: Error restarting bundles
2017-08-09 17:05:57.096 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=374, bundle=196/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.knx/1.10.0]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.knx

help me out here
Thanks

How are you trying to install it?
Which OH2 release?
on which type of system
with what kind of installation method?
how’s the weather outside the room where the host is located? :slight_smile: (joking)

###############################################################################
################# openHABianPi #################################### 7.05.170509

Ip = 192.168.1.219

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)

Kernel = Linux 4.9.35-v7+

Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Uptime = 0 day(s). 0:7:56

CPU Usage = 0.25 % avg over 4 cpu(s) (4 core(s) x 1 socket(s))

CPU Load = 1m: 0.13, 5m: 0.14, 15m: 0.09

Memory = Free: 0.59GB (63%), Used: 0.35GB (37%), Total: 0.94GB

Swap = Free: 0.09GB (100%), Used: 0.00GB (0%), Total: 0.09GB

Root = Free: 26.03GB (92%), Used: 1.96GB (8%), Total: 29.21GB

Updates = 0 apt-get updates available.

Sessions = 1 sessions

Processes = 121 running processes of 32768 maximum processes

Welcome to            __  _____    ____  _
        ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )(_)___ _____
       / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  / / __ `/ __ \
      / /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ / / /_/ / / / /
      \____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/_/\__,_/_/ /_/
          /_/
              openHAB 2.1.0-1 (Release Build)

Looking for a place to get started? Check out ‘sudo openhabian-config’ and the
documentation at http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html
The openHAB dashboard can be reached at http://openHABianPi:8080

paper ui addon binding knx

have you defined any config parameters in your /etc/openhab2/services/knx.cfg file?

please post its contents (using code fences)

knx config file

knx gateway ip= 224.0.23.12 or my ip 192.168.1.219( board ip ) or ip gateway (192.168.1.210) tried all this

busaddr=0.0.0

ignorelocalevents=true
type= ROUTER
port= 3671

Hello,

I have a raspberry pi 3 B+ and stretch lite installed.
I have installed the Knx option as writing “sudo openhabian-confrig” command and modified “/etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg” file.
But still i couldn’t see the Knx binding in the “configuration/bindings” list.
So what should i do for to see Knx binding in the configuration tab.

Thanks,

wait for KNX 2.x to be published :slight_smile: (joking)

KNX is a 1.x Binding, so you won’t see it in the Configuration->Bindings section of PaperUI (it will appear only in the Add-Ons->Bindings section where you can un/install it)

To configure KNX (and any 1.x binding), use flat config files (e.g. /etc/openhab2/services/knx.cfg)
If you get stuck, open up a new thread and ask for help (with as much info as you can provide… like logs, existing configs etc)

Hello Angelos,

How should i configure the knx.cfg.
I will use the usb gateway or serial ft.1.2 interface weinzierl.
In addition to this, how can i add Knx switch or any other function in openhab habpanel.

Thanks.

can you give me the model number or a link to the product page?
You might have to use an intermediate program (knxd) but we can make it work.

We have following products,

https://www.weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all-knx/knx-devices-en/produktarchiv-en/knx-usb-interface-310-en
https://www.weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all-knx/knx-devices-en/knx-serial-baos-870-en

I want to use also weinzierl kberry modul

https://www.weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all-knx/knx-module-en/knx-baos-module-838-en

Hello Angelos,

Could you give me reply ?

Regards,