Need help to add door window sensor

Hello,
how do i correctly integrate my door window sensors?

my item file

Switch Z_way_switch_DoorWindowSensor14 "Balkontür [MAP(windowdoorcontact.map):%s]" <door> (group_house_doorwindow){ channel="zwave:device:8ee35c25:node14:sensor_door", channel="mqtt:topic:statusdisplay:balkontuer" [profile="follow"]}

map file:

ON=Offen
OFF=Geschlossen
NULL=unknown
-=unknown

zwave:device:8ee35c25:node14:sensor_door is reporting “Open” “Closed” ??

try to complete your map-File with

Open=Offen
Closed=Geschlossen

@fibu-freak switch is still not switching to on or off? But the language is now correct

…sorry, but I have no Zwave-Binding and devices installed. So I can’t help in your case. Maybe @sihui can ?

@fibu-freak I simply need to transform somehow “Open” , “Closed” to a switch “ON” and “OFF” but how???

Have you tried Item Type Contact ? Item Types -Docs

1 Like

sensor_door is normally a Contact itemtype, so you should change from Switch to Contact.

1 Like

…sorry I was a second faster with the same idea :innocent:

@sihui how can I than do a switch follow the open and closed of the contact to on and off?? via rule?

Why would you do that? You can’t send any commands to a door sensor, so no need for on or off.
For a door sensor you should only follow the open/closed state.

1 Like

@sihui
I directly want to send via MQTT broker “Open” and I have solved this with a switch and follow

Switch Z_way_switch_DoorWindowSensor14 "Balkontür [MAP(windowdoorcontact.map):%s]" <door> (group_house_doorwindow){ channel="zwave:device:8ee35c25:node14:sensor_door", channel="mqtt:topic:statusdisplay:balkontuer" [profile="follow"]}

or what is better?

As long as it works it should be okay.
I still have no idea why you are doing it so complicated: a Contact itemtype already gives you OPEN and CLOSED to your zwave and your mqtt channel. No need for any transformation maps.