Need help with mochad

I could use some help getting mochad to work. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Updated the openhab.cfg file to include the IP and port number for my mochad server
  2. Created an item which looks like this: Switch Office_X10 “Office X10” (Office) {mochadx10=“g1”}

I can see a command come through in the log file when I click on the Office X10 switch but nothing happens.
I can issue a command from the shell using echo “pl g1 on” | nc 192.168.0.170 1099 and it works.
I don’t see any indication of mochad when the system starts up but I am not sure if there is supposed to be a message about binding mochad.

I have run out of things to try. If anyone can provide some insight I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Bob

Did you install de binding in the addons folder?
you can do nc 192.168.0.170 1099 and see what commands are received in real time (you can try to do this from your openhab box to make sure network is fine).
This shouldn’t make a difference but you could try to specify your item with ‘pl’, like this:
Switch Office_X10 "Office X10" (Office) {mochadx10="g1:pl"}

Thank you for the feedback.

There is a file named “org.openhab.binding.mochadx10-1.7.1.jar” in the addons folder.

Is this the correct file?

I have done the nc 192.168.0.170 1099 and I do not see any commands sent.

That’s the correct file…
And while doing nc 192.168.0.170 1099 if you type pl g1 on, does the light switch on?
Maybe try starting openhab in debug mode see if the logs provide any clues.

this is mi openhab.cfg for mochad:

###################################### Mochad X10 #####################################
#
# Ip address and port of the Mochad X10 server
mochadx10:hostIp=192.168.0.55
mochadx10:hostPort=1099

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll give them a try.

Bob, did you get anywhere with this? I’m fighting mochadx10 also with no luck. The command from shell works fine, but I can’t get openhab to function it. Thanks!

I had luck getting it working after I restarted the OpenHab service

sudo service openhab restart

Good luck!

I have had similar results. I opened a bug a while ago, but have not received a good solution.