Need to Add MCO Home light switch to database

How do I go about adding a z wave device that openhab2 doesn’t recognize.

Its included in my zwave network and its appeared in my Inbox in openhab2.

I guess its not in the database

Here a link to its manual - http://www.mcohome.com/upload/file/20160513/20160513153700.pdf

Any help would be appreciated

Paper UI > inbox click on the device that you wish to connect to. Then click on add thing. Goto Configuration > Things find your device and click on it. Now you can select the channels you’d like to work with. Good luck.

Thanks, i’ve done that with all my other devices however, for this one after added it says device unknown.

When I Goto Configuration > Things find your device and click on it, it says

Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.

The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

I’ve checked the binding on HabMin and it shows the device is supported

Isn’t the controller the one that gets the device ID and passes it on to OH2? If so then its the controller that needs an updated firmware to recognize the device.

Im not sure, i thought the z-wave binding found the device from the database.

Im using an aeon stick gen 5, how do i update its firmware?

Thanks

Just did a search and found this link http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide It should help in adding the device to the database.

Thanks.

OK I have found the device in the database MH-S312 however its Type/ID is different to mine.

In the database its 3102:0202 and mine is 3121:1302

I guess thats why its not finding it, any idea how i update the database?

I’ve followed your link above but i cant understand how to do it.

Thanks

I just saw the same thing. You must have a newer version of that switch. I’ve found someone with a similar problem and solution.https://community.openhab.org/t/3-gang-in-wall-switch-gr-b3-3-not-fully-discovered-by-the-binding/36985 Take a look and see if that helps.

Thanks, ill see if Mark can kindly do the same for me.

Much appreciated

Good luck