Need zwave dry contact relay control

I need a zwave dry contact relay control. I’m seeing some on amazon and ebay that are $100+ (mimolite, etc) which seems a little ridiculous for a relay. I also see the qubino dry contact for a more reasonable price, but I’m not sure it works properly with OpenHab?

I use the Qubino Flush 1D relay to control my garage door. Works just fine with the Z-Wave binding.

Many people here to use Fibaro devices (FGS-222 for 230/110VAC or FGRGBWM-001 for 12/24VDC). Slightly cheaper than Qubinos, too.

Yes! Perfect. Amazon prime for $46, done! Thanks

Unfortunately the Fibaro dry contact relays are not in the US frequency range.

Sure? There’s US versions of most if not all Fibaros.

The US version has the 120v tied into the relay common. You can only switch 120v loads. They’re not dry contacts.

1 Like

I have multiple Linear FS20Z-1’s and they just plain work. About 40.00 bucks.

Have them controlling my:

• Garage Doors
  • Front Slide Gate
  • Fireplace

Simple to wire in and extremely reliable.

Squid

No longer available except for a few on amazon for $90+

Found one on Ebay for 45.00

@KidSquid

I’m having issues with the breaker tripping on my FS20Z-1. It is becoming more an more of an issue. I am surprised by this, so I don’t know if it is going bad, or if I’m using it incorrectly (don’t think I am).

I have simply wired it in with the blue dry contact wires to the two terminals for my garage button. The only thing that I can think is the button is a lighted button, so there is “some, not a lot” of current on the dry relay.

I cannot tell what side the breaker is trying to protect, or where I’m taking a surge strong enough to trip it.

Is anybody experiencing a tripping breaker on this device?

Tony -

I have never experienced this issue. I have 4 of these guys installed around the house and I’ve never had a breaker trip.

On your connection point, are you connecting at the switch or at the operator head?

Squid

Thanks for the quick reply.

It was so long ago that I installed this device that I forgot the design. I just ripped my wiring apart and I think I just figured out the real issue. It’s not a breaker that is tripping, it’s the switch indicator (green light) that is (correctly) going on and off. I incorrectly assumed off was a breaker being tripped like a GFI light.

I am now recalling that for a garage button we need a momentary switch. I’m reviewing my code to verify how I did this before.

I cannot find a momentary configuration in the Paper UI. Back to the read the instructions.

Can you confirm for me your configuration or code approach to switching on and then back off?

Yeah, that was it. My momentary code was not working cleanly. Not sure why, but I extended my sleep, and removed a redundant ButtonGarageDoor.sendCommand(ON). That may of been “tripping” it up.

var Number garageLockout = 0
var Timer timerGarageDoor = null

rule "openGarage"
when
    Item ButtonGarageDoor changed to ON
then
    logInfo("GarageDoor", "Rule Triggered")

Lt_Garage.sendCommand(ON)

if (garageLockout==0) {

logInfo("GarageDoor", "Garage Door Button is: " + ButtonGarageDoor.state)
        logInfo("GarageDoor", "Garage Door setting Lockout")

garageLockout = 1

Thread::sleep(2000)
        ButtonGarageDoor.sendCommand(OFF)

if(timerGarageDoor === null) {
            logInfo("GarageDoor", "Setting new Garage Timer")
            timerGarageDoor =createTimer(now.plusSeconds(15), [|

garageLockout = 0
                logInfo("GarageDoor", "Lockout Cleared")
                logInfo("GarageDoor", "Garage Door is now " + Door_Garage.state)

timerGarageDoor = null

])

logInfo("GarageDoor", "Garage timer running and Lockout enabled")
        }

} else {

logInfo("GarageDoor","Garage Door in Lockout")

}

end

Tony -

Good to hear it’s not a breaker.

To make a momentary switch is fairly straightforward…

Install the EXPIRE binding in PaperUI

and then add it to the Item Code

Switch LtGarageDr "Left Garage Door" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="zwave:device: xxxxxx:node7:switch_binary",expire="1s,command=OFF",autoupdate="false" }

Let me know if you need anything else.

Squid

1 Like

@mstormi

I am looking for a zwave dry contact relay to control my garage door - should allow for secure inclusion. (Qubino does not support secure inclusion, I think)
Is there a Fibaro, I can use? I did not find anything pointing to dry contacts in their manuals.

https://manuals.fibaro.com/double-relay-switch/

grafik

Note that this works only for the older FGS222, not for the newer FGS223!

Is the FGS222 able to provide secure inclusion too? That would be excellent.

I’ve been using the FS20Z-1 which are sold under multiple brand names as my dry contact relay.

I have these on 2 garage doors, slide gate, and a fireplace and they all work incredibly well.

Sid

http://www.gocontrol.com/detail.php?productId=1

Should be stated in the manual I linked above …

@sihui unfortunately, there is no mention of secure inclusion nor encryption in the manual, so I guess it does not support it.

@KidSquid I assume the device you are using is also not supporting secure inclusion (no mention of it in the manual)