Neo coolcam door/window sonsor

Hi,

I have a Z-Wave neo coolcam door / window sensor that is connected to my Raspberry Pi with a Z-Wave stick.
I use OpenHAB 2.5 M1

The problem is that the set parameters of my sensor are not saved in openhab.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

How have you set the parameters? Did you use the habmin interface? Habmin is the best tool for setting Z-wave parameters from within OpenHAB
habmin rocks

Laura and I are doing this together so I can answer as well. We did try HABmin too for configuration. I guess we need to assign the controller to the first association group. When we try to do that, it looks like it is saving but when refreshing the page, the controller disappears. This is what the log says when saving:

2019-04-11 08:07:06.902 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:4ff1d057:node2' has been updated.
2019-04-11 08:07:06.909 [vent.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=[]]

So the problem is, it is not saving the association group properly. Is there anything what we don’t know that needs to be done?

Thanks again!

There is a display bug in HABmin. Even it is not visible it should be fine:

If we refresh it disappears again.

Check the log when you save the configuration. It should notice in the log that the device has updated. Habmin should tell as well (success update).
If log is okay, then ignore habmin´s display bug… It´s a really annoying bug, which has confused alot of people. You can check the settings in PaperUI as well.

Your sensor should be good to go, (unless the sensor is faulty ofcouse).

This is what the debug says:

2019-04-11 16:01:44.412 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Configuration update received
2019-04-11 16:01:44.418 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Configuration update set group_1 to [controller] (ArrayList)
2019-04-11 16:01:44.421 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Unknown association group 1

How can we determine if the sensor is faulty?

You probably cant, except trying everthing, and if it fails, its has to be the device :slight_smile:
But notice your log says “Unknown association group 1”… I guess this is the problem…
Maybe ask @chris if he has a suggestion.

The name for that group changed recently, update to the latest zwave snapshot binding, delete the thing and readd it to pick up the changes. Don’t exclude the device.

So we have to update the complete openhab to the latest snapshot or just the binding? In the last case, how do we only update the binding without the complete openhab instance?

Yes.

Make a backup.
Uninstall the zwave binding from PaperUI, download the latest zwave binding jar, drop it into your addons folder, restart openHAB.
Delete the thing, readd it again.
If you see dependency errors start the karaf console and perform:

This is just the info as received from the UI - it doesn’t mean that anything was sent to the device. You need to look further down the log to where the device wakes up to see if something was sent.