Netatmo API Bridge does no longer work

Hi there, i’ve successful used Netatmo Binding with openHAB 2.4. during the past months. But since middle of august, its not possible to get the Netatmo API bridge running. The state of Netatmo API is always “OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Netatmo Access Failed, will retry in 5400 seconds.”

The log file (in debug-mode) contains also no messages, which allows to determine any cause of the problem:

2019-08-24 14:11:06.067 [DEBUG] [nternal.handler.NetatmoBridgeHandler] - Initializing API Connection and scheduling token refresh every 5400s
2019-08-24 14:11:06.351 [WARN ] [nternal.handler.NetatmoBridgeHandler] - Network error while connecting to Netatmo API, will retry in 5400 s

The API works fine, if I use python to get some values and I can confirm, that the settings of the netatmo API at openHAB shouldn’t be the problem.

Does anybody has made same experiences with the Netatmo API?
And does anybody has a solution for me?
Many thanks in advance…

Which binding are you using? There are 2.

I’m using Netatmo Binding Version 2.4.0 from Gaël L’hopital and Ing. Peter Weiss which is available as addon from the official openHAB release.
Which one is the second one?

There is an older v1 binding still available.
@glhopital should be able to help

I‘m using the same version and it‘s running well - no problem with API

Now I’ve made a fresh install and it doesnt work again, situation is the same:

• the API works fine with python
  • credentials are ok at openhab
  • no firewall blocking is done
  • and the “Network error while connecting to Netatmo API” is still there

Has anybody any ideas, how to debug the “Initializing API Connection” to get more hints about the cause of the error?

No problem on my side too.

Please check that in your brigde configuration, you have set correctly clientId, clientSecret, username and password. You should also have set to true one (or several) amongst readStation, readThermostat, readHealthyHomeCoach and readWelcome to have a scope (by default readStation is set to true).
The RetrofitError is not logged by the binding to get more details.

Hello I have a similar? issue with Netatmo running on Openhab 1.8.3. It was running fine since a couple of years but since mid-August the values do not refresh anymore and I have the following error:

2019-09-08 00:04:22.151 [ERROR] [.service.AbstractActiveService] - Error while executing background thread Netatmo Refresh Service
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_201]
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_201]
at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.NetatmoBinding.processMeasurementResponse(NetatmoBinding.java:579) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.NetatmoBinding.processMeasurements(NetatmoBinding.java:361) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.NetatmoBinding.execute(NetatmoBinding.java:124) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173) ~[na:na]

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue and just found out that api.netatmo.com and api.netatmo.net were being blocked by my pihole installation. Do you have a network based adblocker in use? maybe api.netatmo.com (and .net) got put on some blacklist by accident. I have put it onto my whitelist and now everything is working fine again.