Netatmo Binding - Error 500 Request failed - StackOverflow

Hi,

I’m running OH2 on a Rpi3. I used to run the latest beta (offline), in which the netatmo binding worked flawless. I then moved to the snapshots (because of an unrelated bug in the latest beta that was fixed in the snapshots). I totally removed/purged the old installation and started from scratch using apt-get/cloudbees.

When I try to add the Netatmo API via PaperUI, I receive an Error 500 Request failed. The logs are also filled, see futher down. As I suppose that a 500 error is an internal server error, I presume that something is wrong with my installation. I can’t figure out what it is … As there are no other mentions of other people experiencing the same, I need to find out what is wrong with my setup.

I also ran into some problems with the latest Java version that comes from the repo which is 1.8.65, while OH2 needs .73 or up. I therefor manually installed the latest Java. This however did not solve my Netatmo problem.

Any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Here’s what is showing up in the logs:

2016-11-19 13:18:39.242 [WARN ] [eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler] -
javax.servlet.ServletException: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:489)[153:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]

Caused by: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.internal.ResponseWriter.rethrow(ResponseWriter.java:278)[153:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]

… 26 more
Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.google.gson.internal.$Gson$Types.canonicalize($Gson$Types.java:109)
at com.google.gson.internal.$Gson$Types$WildcardTypeImpl.($Gson$Types.java:551)
at com.google.gson.internal.$Gson$Types.canonicalize($Gson$Types.java:109)
(lots of those)

2016-11-19 13:18:41.570 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel] - /rest/things
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:88)[170:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.2.4]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)[78:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.14.v20151106]
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:489)[153:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:427)[153:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
Caused by: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.internal.ResponseWriter.rethrow(ResponseWriter.java:278)[153:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.internal.ResponseWriter.failure(ResponseWriter.java:260)[153:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]

I hope that’s enough of the logs, don’t want to flood the post.
Kind regards,
Kerbje

This is a bug in the latest snapshot build (see https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/2495). To bypass the problem you could download build 594 or wait until the fix has been merged.

1 Like

Thanks, was already desperated about this error …

Thanks @MHerbst, I’ll make sure we have a new fixed distro by tonight!

Latest build #596 should have this issue fixed again!

Thanks all, just ran into this!

Confirmed, build #596 does indeed fix the issue.

Thank you @Kai and @MHerbst! It is indeed fixed now.
Great community!