In order to get started :

• remove previous binding installation
  • comment or remove previously defined things
  • drop the jar in addons folder
  • go in add things, and configure the netatmo binding to access your account
  • launch discovery of things

I will proceed :wink:

Ok I have done all the steps.
I add manually the Netatmo Bridge, the Plug and the thermostat through the UI.
API and Plug appears ONLINE
Thermostat appears OFFLINE (Pending parent object initialization)
Is there a missing step ?
Thansk again for your support

There is no bridge in this version. I suspect you still are with standard one.

@glhopital the binding stopped working after the update to 3.1. I receive the following error:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.sony [38]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"
Is there a way to solve this problem?

@glhopital I found the updated version on the github thread and now everything is working again. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Hi There,

I am also having issues with the thermostat. Now that OH 3.1 and the accompanying 3.1 binding are out I thought I would try to get it working again, but I had no luck.

I use the following Thing file to configure the bridge and the things:

Bridge netatmo:netatmoapi:home “Netatmo API” [ clientId=“", clientSecret="”, username = “", password = "”, readStation=true, readThermostat=true] {
// Thing configuration:
Thing NAMain inside “Netatmo Inside” [ id=“70::10" ]
Thing NAModule1 outside “Netatmo Outside” [ id="02:0
:c6”, parentId=“70::10" ]
Thing NAPlug plugtherm [ id="70:
:C8", refreshInterval=60000 ]
Thing NATherm1 thermostat [ id="04:
:82", parentId="70:*:C8” ]
}

Everything except the “NATherm1” module goes green. While the Thermostat drops the following error “Pending parent object initialization”.

I have also tried configuring it via the UI, no luck either, the auto-discovery function only finds the weather station modules.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Try the binding in this thread. It’s completely different from the one included in OH and you must delete all things and rescan. It works good.

1 Like

I figured if the new binding was included in the 3.1 update, I guess not.

I downloaded the new jar for the binding, updated the binding’s confing with the client ID and Client Secret. While searching for the things it did detect all of them. However, they are still not working.

I get the following error for the thermostat, the weather station indoor and outdoor units: HANDLER_REGISTERING_ERROR

class org.openhab.core.thing.internal.ThingImpl cannot be cast to class org.openhab.core.thing.Bridge (org.openhab.core.thing.internal.ThingImpl and org.openhab.core.thing.Bridge are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @11324f4)

Not really sure how to go forward.

Is there an ETA on when this new version of the binding will be in the stable binding repository ?

Thank you

We tried to finish it targetting OH 3.1, but it was to short, so I think we’ll target 3.2.
Do you have a text file config or did you create things in UI ?

I have renamed the .things and .item files which i have for the old binding, and did the UI discovery thing. However, i am not sure if the install went the correct way, since i had the old and new thing elements within the binding. (the old API thing, and the thermostat etc)

I did multiple install of the binding, for some reason it always came up that way.

Thank you

@glhopital just updated to the latest version of the binding (3.2 snapshot 3.2.0.202108200813) and noticed that everything is changed again :slight_smile:
Now the ‘Home’ thing is the bridge and then I can add my thermostat and my welcome CAM.
But it seems that some of the channels that I used to have with the previous versions are not available in my Thermostat thing. For example temperature, setpoint and program.
May be I missed something during the configuration?

No, you did not miss something. In the new api evolutions, these informations are no more available at thermostat level but at room level.

1 Like

Thanks @glhopital it works perfectly! Is there a channel with the latest measurement time?

@glhopital I found only one (small) problem. At every refresh the monitoring channel for the camera thing changes to NULL and back to the correct value (ON or OFF). It’s not a big problem but it causes flooding in log…

Hello. I just manually installed the 3.3.0 version of the binding and I was wondering if it fits the 3.2.0 version of openhabian cause I get the following error:

[ERROR] [tatmo.internal.NetatmoHandlerFactory] - bundle org.openhab.binding.netatmo:3.3.0.202204170649 (28)[org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.NetatmoHandlerFactory(15)] : Error during instantiation of the implementation object

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

Just want to point out that I did all the steps Gael suggested. Am I supposed to do something I did not? Thank you guys!

Release notes mention:

NOTE TO ALL NETATMO USERS: Please be specifically aware of openhab/openhab-addons#12357, which is a complete rewrite of the binding, since the old version will stop working in September due to changes on the Netatmo servers. Since the configuration has changed, you will need to remove your existing Netatmo-Things and recreate them with the new binding.

Not sure if that could be the reason.

That’s what I did with no luck!