Seeing that original network / presence binding is not update for some time I’ve made my own attempt of fixing / updating it. Looking for fellow open hab users who’s willing to do some testing and provide feedback. Available here:
I’ve made a lot of changes to original one, mostly related to ARP ping. After some research I’ve found this tool for Windows:
arp-ping.exe(not affiliated with the developer in any way)
and added support for it into the binding. Address issue 4751
Some other changes:
- Fix arpping tool by Thomas Habets detection for Linux system, I recommend to use the latest version 2.19. Thinking of removing support for older version, cannot test for it and don’t see why to support it. Address issue 3581
- Added new parameter for number of pings attempted for tools which support this (Linux and Windows).
- Fix command lines for all tools. New logic - attempt specified number of pings (20 default) within specified timeout (only for Linux/Ubuntu tool), exit after first reply received.
- Removed interface support for ARP tools, don’t see why it was introduced, tools can detect interface automatically, not all of them supports that. Address issue 3112
- Fixed logging and properties status. Address issue 3514
- Binding now works with Internet address using only regular ping (so it is possible to validate if Internet site or server is up).
- Discovery service fix Address issue #4793
- Other bug fixes.
I’ll really appreciate any feedback, bug reports and functionality notes.