Network-share connection to RasPi

Hi,

I would like to connect to my openhab2 config files using the shares that are already offered after installing the openhabian image. Unfortunately, when trying to connect, windows asks for a username and password. I tried openhabian:openhabian which did not work, I connot even connect using the root account. Any info what username/pw combination one must use to get acces to network shares (e.g. openHAB-conf)?

Try
User. openhab
Passw habopen

Hi,

no, doesn´t work :frowning:

If you installed openHABian version 1.1 (from 11 days ago), the username:password combination to use is openhabian:openhabian. If your installation is older, it’s openhab:habopen. That should be it.

If this is not working for you for whatever reason, please reset the password: smbpasswd -a USER
Replace USER with openhab, openhabian or even pi, whichever user on your installation you want to allow samba access for.

1 Like

Hi Thom,

unfortunately none of the user/pw combinations worked, but with your hint to add a samba user I could add a user and now I can access the network shares. Thanks for your help, once more!! :bouquet:

1 Like