New Binding developed. How to check in?

Hello,

I finished my development of my first binding for a pellet stove of Haas & Sohn. I tested it and verifed it as explained in the documentation with mvn clean install -pl :org.openhab.binding.haassohnpelletoven.
I fixed all the Errors and my Build succeds now.

Can someone tell me how to check it in now?
Should I create a own branch and push it on that branch? How should I call the branch?
What comes after the code is pushed to that branch? Is someone verifying my code and will it then me merged to master?
As said this is my first binding, so I am new to the process of contributing code in openHab.

Thanks for advise.

Hi, I had the same question a few weeks/months ago and I bookmarked the following thread
The first post contains it all:

• fork openhab-addons repo
  • make a pull request
  • be patient, maintainers will verify your contribution

Did you had a look at include-the-binding-in-the-build?

Unless I’m forgetting something

Thanks, will do so.

Hello Christian, thank you for your work. I want to buy a pelletstove from Haas & Sohn. I am very impressed by your binding. You wrote that your binding is tested with the HSP 7 DIANA and HSP6 434.08. Unfortunately the HSP6 434.08 is not available any more.

1. Will your binding work with other Haas & Sohn pelletstoves?
  2. Does the binding still work ?

Thank you for your anwer. :grinning:

Hello,
Most likely I would say yes. Which one are you looking to buy?
Is the internet connection optional meaning is it realized with an external box?
Which app is the oven using? If it is the haas + sohn app most likely it will work.

I am interested in these two models:

HSP 2.17 PREMIUM III
https://www.haassohn.com/de/produkte/pelletoefen/HSP%202.17%20PREMIUM%20III_f-15697

HSP 2.17 HOME II
https://www.haassohn.com/de/produkte/pelletoefen/HSP%202.17%20HOME%20II_f-13375

Do you think they would work with the binding?

I would guess yes, as both are using the standard wlan module.

But if course I can’t guarantee it. Let me know afterwards if it should not work, then I can have a look on the binding.

1 Like