New binding for Brumberg vitaLED

Hi all,

I’m currently working on a binding for Brumberg vitaLED. In the openhab contribution guidelines I have read to discuss it here in the forum.
I’m new to eclipse development and also git. However, I have already started to develop the binding and it is working in my local IDE.
I have pushed my development to this git repository. I still need to optimize a few things, like using http-client class instead of http requests. I also want to change the binding to be a bridge, because openhab communicates with the vitaLED LAN master, that communicates withe the vitaLED bulbs.

I really would appreciate feedback from the experts here regarding my development. And maybe an advice how I can push my development into the openhab repository.

Thanks advance.

Best Regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel

I also have a couple of vitaLED spots (at this moment 11 spots, 6 zones and 5 rooms). But I connected them to openHAB directly using an OpenDMX USB adapter and the DMX bridge. So I don’t have the LAN bridge. Could you tell me what values of red, green, blue and white Brumberg uses when you set for example 2.200K, 2.700K, 3.000K, 4.000K and 6000K? I asked them a coupe of times, but they can’t give me that (I don’t know why). With a white paper and a camera I came to 100% white, 90% red, 0% blue and 83% green. But I’m not happy with it yet…

Also see these topics of me about it:

Thanks
Laurens

Hi Laurens,

sounds interessting with the OpenDMX USB adapter. However, when I have started with the Brumberg vitaLED binding for the LAN Master I have traced the network in order to get details about the communication between my browser and the vitaLED LAN module. The UI is separated in different settings; i.e. you have

• achromatic light with settings for
    achromatic light 2.000 - 10.000 K and
    intensity 0-100%
  • chromatic light with settings for
    red, green, blue and white 0-100%
  • Colour gradients with settings for
    colour saturation, speed and intensity 0-100%
  • Colour triangle with settings for x and y coordinate for selecting a colour
  • Colour management with settings for red, blue, green and white over time
  • Vital gradient for blue light in % over time

You can also change the intensity for every light in a seperate UI. I have tested to combine the settings, but the LAN master only accept parameters for the mentioned settings above. Back to your question this means that if I change the achromatic light for instance to 2.700 K it results with red = 0%, blue = 0%, green = 0% and white = 100% with achromatic light = 2.700 K. If you have chromatic light for instance by setting red to 80% white to 80% and then you change achromatic light to 2.700 K then all is set to achromatic light and red is set to 0%.

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel

Thanks for the information! When you change the achromatic light to 3.000K, 4.000K and 6.000K, what RGBW values do you get?

I’m wondering if the values in the web interface are the same as the outputted DMX RGBW values or maybe translated with an algoritme somehow. Because if you get 0 red, 0 green and 0 blue for 2.700K that should mean that the white LED is exactly a 2.700K white LED. But it’s also possible that the 100% white, 0% red, 0% green and 0% blue value is translated to for example all white and a bit red and send like that to the DMX? If I would buy a LAN adapter, I couldn’t see as my current OpenDMX is sending only (not reading or receiving).

The reason I used this adapter is that I could add other DMX lights later on and I have more zones to regulate (and not another extra device using power and requiring maintenance).

Thanks
Laurens

Hi Laurens,

I now also try to use the vitaLED with the DMX binding. I have bought a DMX TwinPOE AP RDM and I have connected it to the DMX IN of the first vitaLED master, which is connected to the other master so that I have 4 zones.
The Brumberg support told me to set the master to 000, 004, 008 and 012 as DMX start addresses. Unfortunately, everything is dark. I also tried to use 001, 005, 009 and 013 as DMX start addresses. Still the same. I use OH3 with the sACN bridge in unicast mode.

Do you have any idea what’s wrong? And do you have any solution for the achromatic light? The LAN master must internaly set the RGBW channels. I can only see that the request for achromatic light between 2.000 - 10.000 K and intensity between 0-100%.

Best Regards,
Marcel

I’m using a DMX USB PRO for a long time. I presume that’s comparable.
It’s connected to a Raspberry with OLA on it.

But not having any lights when openHAB is down is problematic. And I have to restart the raspberry every couple of days for some reason.

So I bought this one: https://www.weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all-knx/knx-devices-en/knx-dmx-gateway-544-en
but hadn’t any time to program it.

I have them configured in openHAB like this: 25/4 for the DMX controller with address 25.
So it uses 25, 26, 27, and 28 for RGBW.