New binding for BSB-LAN device

No problem, nice to hear.

Hello,

thanks for creating the binding. I had been using the bsb-lan via http for almost a year now without any problems except json transform failing once in a while. I would like to try this binding. However, most of the links referred to in the post above seem to be broken except the jar file itself. (it looks like the ā€˜treeā€™ subfolder from the git repository is missing.)
Is there something I am missing? In any case, I put the JAR file in the addons folder, but now I canā€™t find any instructions on configuring the binding since the documentation link is also broken. Should I just rename the http links in the item to bsblan:parameter:heating:xxx?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi,

sorry - the binding has been added to the official openHab repo some days ago. Thatā€™s why the link is broken now. Until a release is available you can find the docu here:

Regards
Peter

1 Like

just saw, that version 2.5.4 ist now available. Docu can be found here: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/bsblan/

Thanks, that solved the problem. The binding works great, perfect. I will try the new version of 2.5.4 now.

Hi,
first of all - thanks a lot for your great work!

I am using the latest OpenHAB release (3.3) and installed your binding.
configuring the bridge and reading parameter works fine.
i have tested with parameter 700.

But i canā€™t set the parameter - what is the correct configuration for writing the parameter?

Parameter Set-ID ???
Message Type: INF or SET???

I should mention that I have flashed the BSB-LAN adapter in write mode and writing this parameter through webinterface of BSB-Lan works!

kind regards,
Stefan

Hi,

thanks - in my setup I use SET (just tried it and it works for me), the thing configuration looks like this:

UID: bsblan:parameter:heating:p700
label: Betriebsart
thingTypeUID: bsblan:parameter
configuration:
  setType: SET
  id: 700
bridgeUID: bsblan:bridge:heating

It is linked to a ā€œnumber value itemā€

via the number-value channel

with the following state description:

ā€¦I use a pretty old BSB-LAN version (BSB-LAN Web, Version 0.44.5-20200223082848), not sure if the API has changed on their side.

kind regards
Peter

1 Like

Current version of BSB-LAN seems to be slightly different from the one you used to develop the plugin.
Do you plan to update the plugin to support the latest version of the API (2.1)?

Hello, currently I donā€™t have any plans for an update, mainly due to my very limited spare time - think I would have to setup another BSB-LAN device first to avoid having to touch my production system and also because the current version now seams to be based on a different hardwareā€¦

To be honest I havenā€™t tracked the BSB-LAN changes since implementing the binding.

I now just quickly browsed through their release notes, seems some data types have been added and probably some authentication changes were made?
Which changes/incompatibilities in particular are you referring to?

Regards
Peter

Currently Iā€™m not concerned yet as I will receive my BSB-LAN in a few weeks. But, as Iā€™ve seen your add-on was developed with an older version than the current one, I was wondering if you were still active on its development.
As a former Java developer, if needed, I could rather easily (I hopeā€¦) try to adapt your add-on. I think the most difficult part is to configure a complete build chain for an Openhab addon.

Hi TuxTux.
I like your openHAB widget for BSB-LAN. Is it a custom widget for Main-UI?
could you please share it?