New binding for horter i2c modules

I’ve implemented a new binding for the horter i2c digital/analog input/output modules.
These modules offer a quite cheap and suitable way of GPIO handling.

The modules can be found here:
https://www.horter-shop.de/de/

I’ve forked the openhab2-addons repository and added the new binding in my forked repo.
I’ve also implemented an extension for pi4j to access the GPIO pins in the same way it is commonly done by other GPIO bindings of other boards. This extension is used by the new binding.

Now I’m stuck because I don’t exactly know what needs to be done to make these changes available to the community.

Is there anybody who could give me a hint of what I need to do next?

Thanks
Windstill

Hi Chris,

Cool, that you build a binding for the “horter” modules. I like the modules, because they are very flexible an it is possible to drive Relais etc directly on the horter module. Is the binding working plug and play? Unfortunately I’ve not the experience to make it aviable for the community. There is the “Eclipse Marketplace” I think there you can do something. I would be happy hearing about some updates of your work

Regards from Münster / Germany

Marco

Hi Marco!

I‘m very happy that I‘m not the only one using (and liking) horter modules. You can download or fork my work from the following github repos. If you are a programmer I would be very happy to make you a contributor to my github projects. Please let me know.

The problem is that with the update from 2.1 to 2.2 there seems to be an issue with compatibilty. All my work was done on 2.1 and it was nearly finished. I already bought a new cabinet for horter modules to make this system become productive for my own home automation.

But with 2.2 it is completely broken. I cannot make it work again. Not a single module :frowning:.

If you have horter modules and if you are interested in making them work with openhab 2.2 it would be a pleasure for me to help you.

Chris
(from WAF and working in MS :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,

thats funny :smiley: world is small…I’m from Telgte.

Unfortunately I’m a zero in software engineering. I’m an “Elektromeister” and happy when i “only” can use some Bindings and the openhab. Textual coding is completely new for me.

It would a pleasure for me when i can be a user of your binding. I wish you best success at development.

Best, Marco

Any news about this binding?

A friend and I were going to use these modules, too.
But now we dicovered this might be a little more complicated without a working binding. :frowning:

Hi Christoph,

development has not been finished yet. Since the update from 2.1 to 2.2 broke everything I spent my time on other projects.

I’m still in contact with Jürgen Horter and I decided to send the evaluation board back to him and buy a set of I/O cards for my own house to continue development. But this will be limited to digial I/O at first.

I would be really happy to have a release that could be used ini my own house. But there is still some work that needs to be done. Are you a programmer, too? Could you contribute to the project?

Actually I would prefer an android solution personally anyway.

Like this: https://www.nikolaus-lueneburg.de/2018/03/i2c-wlan-modul-mit-wemos-d1-mini/

But a friend of mine would like to use the Raspi that already runs openHAB.

Hi Chris,

I hope you are fine. I just want to ask you if you are still working on that binding for the “Horter” modules.

Best Regards
Marco

Hi Chris,
are you still working on this - any progress?
I’d like to use the Horder DAC 0-10V for a greater ligthing project. And I do have programming skills, though I’m new to OpenHab.
So, what’s the status?
Christian.