New Binding for iAquaLink internet connected pools (Jandy/Zodiac)

Hi @digitaldan !
Thank you for your quick response!
I am not able to manage the heatpump with the web interface. It’s only possible to edit the name of the device, delete it (it’s called “location” there) and show it’s state (currently “offline”).
It’s a Zodiac Z400 iQ MD4 - BG
Thank you for your support!

Hello all,
I’m considering buying an IQPUMP to control my FloPro VS (on/off and speed). It looks like it’s a iaqualink (Pool Automation Products | Swimming Pool Automation & Mobile Apps by ZODIAC® at least from this page).

Anyone has a IQPUMP and has successfully use this binding ? I think i’ve read somewhere that’s it’s using a rest API ?

Thank you!
lamaZZe

Just reading quickly up on it, i doubt that it uses the same API that we are using, it looks like a very standalone product. My guess is the iAqualink mobile app has a different interface and logic for talking to this, but this is just a guess.

@digitaldan Thank you for your input, it’s obviously using the same iAquaLink app (gathered that from the YouTube presentation) but it seems indeed more sophisticated. I’ve sent an email asking if there was an API, the answer is no (what a shocker).

I’m willing to purchase the device if I understand how you can “steal” the commands, is there a tutorial somewhere ?

You can setup a man in the middle proxy to see what commands the mobile app sends, that only works if the app is not doing certificate pinning. The binding would need to have an entirely different API client for this, so its not a trivial amount of work.

Do you have a tool to suggest to setup that middle proxy ? Or a tutorial somewhere ?

https://mitmproxy.org/

If there is a web interface to the device, thats even better as you can just look at the dev console (no need for a mitm service) , but i’m guessing its mobile only. I would also sniff around the internet and see if anyone else has tried to talk to it.

Thank you.

Someone claims here it has the api but I suspect he will never answer.

I took a chance and asked.

1 Like