New Binding not listed in Paper UI

Hello everyone,

I’ve followed these steps to install everything i need for creating my own binding.

Openhab:

Eclipse:

I managed to create my binding, but when i run app.bndrun -> Run OSGI, my binding won’t be listed in my Paper UI and the console give me following warnings (picture). Do i have to create a new log4j file? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

I took the freedom and changed your post to the Develoment category.

did you drag your link from the list on the left to the one on the right?

@sihui Thank you
@gozilla01 Yes, i did

Am i the only one having this specific type of problem? There seems to be no other thread dealing with it.

I also had problems, the Eclipse IDE documentation needs to be updated again.
I am collaborating for a new Openwebnet binding that is not yet official.
I use Eclipse IDE with win10.
I used the following steps to install an Openwebnet binding with it still official with the dependency of a lib file:

• I cleaned up the old installations, under the user directory I deleted the directors
    .bnd - .eclipse - .karaf - .m2 - .p2
  • I started from a new Eclipse IDE
  • Installed the 03-2019 version
  • I selected Java Development and also Addons
  • Wait for everything to be installed and compiled.
  • I close all the bindings, except Astro, including the entry (one gives me an error) via the Close Project menu
  • I close Esclipse IDE
  • Downloaded from your Openwebnet git
  • I copy the Openwebnet folder under \git\openhab2-addons\bundles
  • Edit file \bom\openhab-addons\pom.xml and I insert:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.openhab.addons.bundles</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.openhab.binding.openwebnet</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
    </dependency>
  • Edit bundles\pom.xml and insert
<module>org.openhab.binding.openwebnet</module>
  • Edit CODEOWNERS and insert
/bundles/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet/ @massi
  • Open Eclipse IDE
  • Import existing Maven project by selecting the Openwebnet directors
  • Flag and choose OH2 Add-ons
  • This in the case of an addiction, otherwise skip the step
  • Double click on app.bndrun
    ** Note problems: **
    In the window for dragging in Run Requirements the Openwebnet binding is not present, Astro yes.
    I ran several tests to solve it but nothing …
  • Exit from Eclipse IDE
  • From windows command prompt, by command cd I move under the openhab2-addons folder and compile it all with the command mvn -DskipChecks -DskipTests clean install -U
  • I open Eclipse
  • I dragged the Openwebnet and Astro bindings to Run Requirements
    (the command from the prompt solved the problem, there will be another way to avoid waiting 40min ???)
  • ** Never used the Resolve button
  • I close and save app.bndrun
  • I copy my .items`` .things configuration files to Eclipse
  • I press button Debug OSGi and wait for it to finish loading
    Note:
    The first time it doesn’t load Openwebnet but the second time it does.
  • From the Console I see a series of WARN and ERROR
  • From browser http: // localhost: 8080 / start / index, usually waiting for preparation of PaperUI

excuse the aesthetics of the message but from the iPhone it is difficult

1 Like

What is meant by that, what do i have to do exactly? (sorry i’m new here)

My own binding is shown on the left window and i can drag it. The problem is, when i drag a binding (e.g. astro) to the right side and run app.bndrun, i get errors (in the picture) and http: // localhost: 8080 / start / index is empty.

the .items .thing files are customized files, you can skip this step and only the ones from the default demo will be loaded.
Also the point of the library is customized for the binding that I use, external libretia, maybe you have your own or maybe you don’t need that passage.
errors warn there are also from me, but it works.
start from clean installation as from my list, we hope it works.

First of all thank you for your help. I tried reinstalling it but it still doesn’t work for me, same error messages. How exactly is eclipse connecting to my localhost.

Maybe it’s an issue with openhab? I followed all these steps:

" You can connect to openHAB’s console using the the C:\openHAB2\runtime\bin\client.bat script on the local machine."

Do you have to run client.bat everytime?

Thanks in advice

That’s only if you are running it as a service. If you start openHAB via start.bat - the console is opened naturally for you.

EDIT: personally when I run openHAB as a service, I use putty to connect to it since putty will remember everything…

1 Like

If you use Eclipse IDE you don’t need to install OH in windows.

This is my log when I use “Debug OSGi”

g! 20:31:23.094 [nfig-1-thread-1] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:31:23.112 [nfig-1-thread-1] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:31:25.055 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:31:25.060 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:31:28.205 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:31:28.207 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:31:37.347 [main] WARN  o.e.s.m.c.i.folder.FolderObserver:126 - Directory 'scripts' does not exist in 'D:/eclipse-installer_build/openhab-master/git/openhab-distro/launch/app/runtime/conf'. Please check your configuration settings!
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.eclipse.xtext.parser.antlr.AbstractInternalAntlrParser).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
20:31:41.181 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'Bticino_Michele.items'
20:31:41.833 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'demo.items'
20:31:44.082 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'mapdb.persist'
20:31:45.252 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'Biticino_Michele.sitemap'
20:31:45.368 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'demo.sitemap'
20:31:46.206 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'demo.things'
20:31:46.545 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'Bticino_Michele.things'
20:32:01.056 [main] INFO  o.e.s.m.c.i.ModelRepositoryImpl:123 - Loading model 'demo.rules'
20:32:08.976 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:08.978 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:11.382 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:11.385 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:11.697 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:11.699 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:12.393 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:12.395 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:17.575 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:17.578 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:19.244 [main] WARN  o.e.j.util.thread.ThreadPoolBudget:156 - Low configured threads: (max=8 - required=1)=7 < warnAt=8 for QueuedThreadPool[ServletModel-25]@56b66cc6{STARTING,8<=0<=8,i=0,q=0}[ReservedThreadExecutor@244c0fbe{s=0/1,p=0}]
20:32:20.375 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:20.377 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:20.647 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:20.650 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:20.938 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:20.940 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:21.332 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:21.334 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:24.266 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:24.269 [main] WARN  o.o.p.w.u.ServletContainerInitializerScanner:136 - failed to parse and instantiate of javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer in classpath
20:32:49.701 [openhab.addons)] ERROR L.org.apache.felix.configadmin:? - Unexpected problem delivering configuration event to [org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationListener, id=47, bundle=19/file:/C:/Users/Michele/.m2/repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.log/1.2.0/org.apache.felix.log-1.2.0.jar]
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: null
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy4.configurationEvent(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.sendEvent(ConfigurationManager.java:1685)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1637)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:138)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:105)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.apache.felix.log.ConfigurationListenerImpl$CLProxy.getProperties(ConfigurationListenerImpl.java:161)
	at org.apache.felix.log.ConfigurationListenerImpl$CLProxy.access$500(ConfigurationListenerImpl.java:67)
	at org.apache.felix.log.ConfigurationListenerImpl$CLProxy$1.invoke(ConfigurationListenerImpl.java:147)
	... 6 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationAdapter.getProcessedProperties(ConfigurationAdapter.java:293)
	... 13 common frames omitted
20:32:49.701 [openhab.addons)] ERROR L.org.apache.felix.configadmin:? - Unexpected problem delivering configuration event to [org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationListener, id=47, bundle=19/file:/C:/Users/Michele/.m2/repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.log/1.2.0/org.apache.felix.log-1.2.0.jar]
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: null
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy4.configurationEvent(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.sendEvent(ConfigurationManager.java:1685)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1637)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:138)
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:105)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.apache.felix.log.ConfigurationListenerImpl$CLProxy.getProperties(ConfigurationListenerImpl.java:161)
	at org.apache.felix.log.ConfigurationListenerImpl$CLProxy.access$500(ConfigurationListenerImpl.java:67)
	at org.apache.felix.log.ConfigurationListenerImpl$CLProxy$1.invoke(ConfigurationListenerImpl.java:147)
	... 6 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationAdapter.getProcessedProperties(ConfigurationAdapter.java:293)
	... 13 common frames omitted
20:32:51.300 [e.i18nprovider)] INFO  o.e.s.c.i.i18n.I18nProviderImpl:245 - Location set to '45.956867599999995,8.870837'.

But it works

Okay… i found the problem. I installed OH while using Eclipse IDE… everytime i call my localhost my OH (without eclipse) is shown. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Hi I’ve a similar issue. Working on a new binding, but with openhab.demo.app binding is not shown.

Starting the demo app with no issues. The only thing I’ve investigated is that when I use the “resolve” functionality in app.bndrun I get a missing dependency:

I’ve changed the pom.xml file within demo.app:

<dependency>
     <groupId>org.openhab.addons.bundles</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.openhab.binding.linktap</artifactId>
      <version>${project.version}</version>
   </dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.squareup.okhttp3</groupId>
    <artifactId>okhttp</artifactId>
    <version>4.2.2</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
 </dependency>

Any hint how to inlcude additional packages?

I had once asimilar problem and I solved it like:
Edit feature.xml
Package Explorer / src / main / feature / feature.xml
I added as: mvn:‘dependency’

Ex. mvn:org.asteriskjava/asterisk-java/2.0.4