New Clipsal C-Bus binding

Hey John

Thanks heaps for spotting that. We got some progress with that jar file. I looks like it installed OK and a simple dimmer test works fine for a single group.

FYI…During boot up and install of the jar I got the following message in the logs:

2019-12-12 20:12:00.739 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.cbus-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.cbus [24]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

@neohusky I took a quick look and don’t see this problem on my installation. I can only assume there is some sort of dependency not completely correct somehow, but maybe because mine is an upgrade with several other bindings installed the dependency is resolved.
Whether that is a real problem with the setup of the cbus binding or because that version was built a few months ago and openhab core has moved on and it needs rebuilding i am not sure.
I think to reproduce it i would need to install openhab on a new machine and then test it with just the cbus binding, and then see if i do an up to date build it is ok. I don’t think i will be able to look at that until sometime over the Christmas break.
I saw your message on the PR as well about when it might be merged. I am assuming at this stage nothing new will go into 2.5. I’ll try to workout how to push to get it merged after 2.5 is released.

Just in case it was missed by people the C-Bus binding has now been merged into the main code base and is included in the 2.5.4 release.
Thank you to everyone who has tested it and helped to get it to this point.

There was a request to look at measurement group which i will do soon.

Thanks for all your hard work John, much appreciated!