New Clipsal C-Bus binding

I have created a new Pull request where the source code is tidied up a bit to address some of the original comments.
The issues with trigger groups and indicatorKill messages has been fixed in the latest cgate release and this code now supports that.
The PR is https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/5648 and it contains a link to a built jar file.

Hi @jpharvey

Iā€™ve just installed the pre built jar. All is good so far!
Iā€™ve done some basic testing with lights on/off, dimming and setting scenes/trigger groups. So far things are behaving as they should. Please let me know if you need anything specially tested.

Nothing really. I think just keep an eye on things behaving as expected but I havenā€™t seen any problems yet. Also you should find scene killing now works as long as you are using the latest cgate release.

1 Like

That was the first thing I tested:) Triggering and killing a scene showed the appropriate indicators on my DLTs.

Thanks again for your support on this binding.

Excellent work and thanks to all on this binding!
I have my C-Bus system working nicely with this on an Artik 710 board.
However, I am having trouble tracking down information on setting up triggers and scenes.
I can trigger scenes manually on the Paper UI Control page, but canā€™t work out the syntax to use in a sitemap to run from the mobile app.
Any pointers/links?

Hi Does anyone know if it is possible to get data from the Measurement Application Group using this binding.

I have General Input Unit 5504GI connected to a tank level sensor in our rain water tank. This unit is transmitting the tank level across the CBUS network and I am currently displaying it on a eDLT however I would like to have is shown on HABPanel also.

I have had a look at the supported things and it does not contain the Measurement Group

I know it is possible to have the General input Unit send data on the Lighting Group by enabling the ā€œLighting type Messagingā€ and I have had this working as well but I need to do some calibration as I am using the 0 - 10 V input and at 2.4V my tank is empty and at 8.45V my tank is full. I can compensate for this in the Measurement Group by adjusting the Library curve however adjusting this curve has no effect Lighting Group.

Well - Finally got around to cutting over to OH2 setup, and moved using this newer binding (Was using the OH1/MQTT integration method previously). Once the binding was installed, it pretty much just discovered my devices and was up and running.

• Only messing around I had was with the usual C-GATE on linux setup. Decided to start with a fresh build/setup, and using (latest) C-Gate 2.11.5 (I just extract this out of the Toolkit download, instead of the separate C-Gate download, which is usually a few versions behind)
  • Had to migrate my custom group applications to a Standard C-Bus Group first, to get them visible in this binding (No surprise there, given its clearly documented in the Binding information, but a bit of work)

Thanks for all your work on this binding @talltechdude and @jpharvey (and any others I missed).
Will give it some more extensive testing over the next month, but seems pretty rock-solid so-far.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Iā€™m using c-bus 2.2.0 is there a newer version? i tried the links above but couldnā€™t find anything. To be honest my current version works great but its always good to give it a tweak.

cheers

There is a newer version built by Jenkins from the latest code. There is a link to it on the Pull Request. The PR is https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/5648

@npdsomerhayes Sorry missed this message. Yes it should be possible to add the Measurement group. I donā€™t have anything to test it with but it shouldnā€™t be too hard. I would prefer to try to get the current binding added to the main codebase first. and then look at it.

Thanks John I am in no hurry I was playing around with the TCP/UDP binding to see if I could get it to telnet into the C-Gate server and read the information but I am not having much luck. If you do get around to it incorporating it I am obviously happy to test it.

thanks for the reply but I canā€™t seem to figure it out? im not familiar with jfrog or jenkins. Any possibility that you could give the direct link?

cheers
Matt

@matt_shepherd
Try https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.cbus/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.cbus-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar It was built today with the latest source code.

Cheers fella.

Hey guys, I downloaded the jar (from the link 2 comments above this one, from jfrog) and put it in the /opt/openhab2/addons folder (I installed OpenHAB manually so thatā€™s where it lives), and I canā€™t seem to find the cbus integration anywhere in the PaperUI. What am I doing wrong?

Iā€™m running the latests snapshot of v2.5.0.

@stavloc copy it into /usr/share/openhab2/addons
I believe that is where openhab looks for extra extensions.

Hey all

Iā€™ve had to rebuild my raspberry pi and using this as an opportunity to start fresh. Iā€™ve currently got a milestone build of openhanded 2.5 running. Iā€™m trying to install the 2.5 jar in this thread unsuccessfully. Iā€™ve copied it into /usr/share/openhab2/addons. Iā€™ve set the permissions to openhab:openhab. Cleaned the cache and tried multiple reboots. Can someone confirm if the jar mentioned above https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.cbus/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.cbus-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar works?

@neohusky - I am fairly sure that is the version i am running. What issues are you seeing? I will download it this evening when i get home and confirm that it is the one i am using.

Gā€™day John

For some reason the binding is not being installed into openhab. Itā€™s not showing in paperui and looking at basic logs it does not look like itā€™s being picked up.

Iā€™ve never had these issues before. I was suspecting their might be something with the jar file, my version of openhab or something with my new openhab setup. Iā€™m a very running a minimal (no other addons$ setup of openhab2.5 rc1.

Just spotted your link was to sources which was my fault before.
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.cbus/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.cbus-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar should work better

1 Like