New design talent wanted!

Hi @Fejitatete and @kubawolanin

awesome templates!

You would make the templates available for download please?

Thanks

Just wait some more time :slight_smile:
It’s already merged to HABPanel repository, I’m sure @ysc will announce all the new features.

:wink:
Yes, but the “Orange tree” theme you made is already bundled in, so users only have to switch to it. I’ll make a post about other more developer-oriented additions.

Edit: ended up explaining most of these things here:

Hey kubawolanin, how did you do to only change the color of the icon instead of the whole square when activated ? is this something easy to make or I need te reprograms all my icon !?

@kubawolanin can you tell me the values to use for a CSS filter to match dark orange for svg images?

Edit: I started a new topic about the implementation of this in the HABPanel Examples category

https://community.openhab.org/c/tutorials-examples/habpanel-examples

9 Likes

Amazing job, man! :slight_smile:
Well done.

I love these custom widgets especially.

Maybe it’d be worth to update orange-tree with your overrides? Looks a lot better!

@ysc : Why do you define buttton and slider css style in overrides.css and not in widget ?

Because when you’re defining it in the widget it gets repeated every time you spawn the widget.
Those widgets simply suppose you’re aware of the associated stylesheet.

This is currently a bit tricky to setup, but I’m envisioning as a mid-term goal for HABPanel a way to distribute complete “skins” including styles, widgets, eventually additional iconsets and so on. You would simply install the skin (which could be a standard openHAB addon/OSGi bundle) and everything would become available at once.

1 Like

I’ll let you be the judge, after all it’s your theme :wink:

It takes shape, yummy xD.

Just tested it since I’m thinking of adding a panel to the house! I’ll probably squash those dummy widgets into one though. Nice one!

3 Likes

Looks very nice Ben. I especially like the vertical scrollbars. Due to the bigger size compared to the horizontal ones shown in the other screenshots in this topic, it will be much easier to set them to the correct value. I would try to line up the middle of the on/off buttons to be exactly in line with the scrollbars. Now they seem to be a little too much to the left (probably the same for the on/off buttons of the desktop and humidifier).

With regards to the power consumption of your desktop and humidifier, I think that this should be in Watt, not kilowatt. If your desktop really is using 300W when it is switched off then something is seriously wrong with it because mine use less when it is on :slight_smile:

Ha, yes. Something isn’t quite right about that default unit! :laughing:

Please note: there’s a new topic in the HABPanel Examples category with an updated implementation:

1 Like

Hi Fejitatete,

your CometVisu panel looks really nice. So now I’m curious why you want to migrate from CometVisu to HabPanel?!

What facts were the basis for your decision?

Right now I’m not really sure which visualization platform I should prefer so any further hints are very appreciated.

I doubt that the screenshot from the first post is taken from the CometVisu. I have never seen a CometVisu design like that (unfortunately).
Otherwise you could just use it with CometVisu/openHAB as they work fine together.

Hi Jens,

In fact, like I said : I’m lame at web design, so this design is not from me. But the person who did it claim that is a CometVisu UI. Despite my attempts to contact him, he never answered me.
CometVisu is, in my opinion, too heavy to run on light computer like SBC I use. On my Cubietruck, response time is loooooong.
Personnaly, I bet on habpanel cause the integration with Openhab is simple. The project is still young but Yannick and the community work hard on it. Thx to them.

As the CometVisu is “just” a website with some HTML, CSS and Javascript it runs completely in the browser. So there is nothing “heavy” about it as openHAB just has to deliver some static files, the rest is happening locally in you browser. if you have experienced bad response times there must be something else wrong.

Looks awesome… hopefully a port is made to habpanel :slight_smile: