New Fibaro Switch FGS-223 is driving me nuts

Thanks - but what about the FGS221? There’s four different versions of these.

That one has firmware version 2.1 with type id / ID 0400:100a.

Thanks - I’ll try and take a look at this tomorrow if I get a chance.

Cheers
Chris

So, for these devices there should be 3 channels shown - “Switch”, “Switch 1” and “Switch 2”. Switch and Switch 1 should both control the first relay - if you use the one called Switch, it should also receive reports I think due to the way Fibaro is sending the responses.

Let me know if that is the case and we could update the database to make it clearer.

That solved the problem! Changed switch1 to switch did the trick, I thought “switch” would be for both switches at once.
So it would make sense to update the database to make that clearer.
Thank you very much!

Hello @chris,

I too have a problem with the FGS223. I installed it in my livin room, but want to activate the scenes, so I can trigger alternate scenes from my mail light pushbutton.

But I think the options from the scene activation are wrong:
You are able to activate the scene for every one option, but not the combinations:

Like I want to set it to 7, (1, 2 and 3 combined).

Thanks for your input!

Best regards,
Wouter

I’ve updated these configurations to be free entry.

So what does it do when you set it to 7? Does it not accept that value?
You don’t need to have that “7” in “Available Settings”.

Edit: Upps, too late :heart_eyes:

Wow, thanks for the fast reaction!!

This also applies to the Single Switch, I’ve submitted a database change.
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/423

Ok - thanks. I’ll export a database update later this morning for both of these.

Hey could you please tell me where can i find the latest zwave jar?
Thanks!

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com

Thanks Chris, i downloaded the binding and now i see online (green) the FGS223 in habmin. It also update the status in OH from the wall switch but i think there is a problem with the instant power consumption.
My items looks like this:
Number kitchen_power "w [%.1f W]" zwave="6:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,meter_scale=E_W" }
Number kitchen_energy "kwh [%.2f kWh]" {zwave="6:command=METER,meter_scale=E_kWh" }
At the kwh item i see 0.1 so i suppose this is the total w consumed since i installed the device (before Christmas) but on the instant power there’s no value displayed when the light is on.

Thanks for any advice.
Happy holidays all!

Should this be command=METER?

FGS-223 and FGS-213 should have the same parameters.

1. Parameter 30 (35) must have an range from 0 to 15 (like 28 and 29)
  2. in HABmin I can set parameter 28 to 15 but 29 is only selectable (OH2)
  3. in OH2 I can only select. combinations are not possible
  4. FGS 213: Missing all the parameters > 33
  5. to write the changes to the unit I’ve to restart OH2. All the parameters I did change are marked with the yellow label that the changes will be writen to the unit.

If you need an log I’ll add.

The changes to the database where made three days ago, you might need to wait until the changes make it into the binding.
Then you need to uninstall the binding, wait a short while (a minute or so) and install it again.
Then delete the thing and add it again and you will see the newly added/changed parameters.

Although this won’t help you with the FGS213 parameters > 33: nobody added those into the database yet.
If you want to add them read:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide
Would be great to have one more user who performs regularly updates on devices :slight_smile:

I did ask already for the right some weeks before… until now I can’t.

I can’t see in the database:
http://cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/423
It ends at 33.

If you have succesfully registered on the website email chris at chris@cd-jackson.com to ask for edit rights. Don’t forget to mention your username (website username) in that email.
It’s always best that users who own that specific device make database additions …