New hub: Both Zigbee and Z-wave, locally controlled

Did anyone check out this Mixtile Hub on Indiegogo? It supports both Z-Wave and ZigBee, and most importantly it is locally controlled and has pre-paired sensors.

Looks really promising, any thoughts?

OH team,

Any updates on this one?
I just recently received mine, which support Z-Wave, ZigBee, BT and WiFi devices, along with the fact that it has a builtin battery.

Has anyone explored this hub? integration with OH?

Interesting… looks like it’s running ESH… https://www.mixtile.com/support/#tab_foss! Being so new, I couldn’t find any good details on their website or forum, but there is a possibility that this could run OH. I don’t see anywhere that root access is provided. Their Contact US web form just spins. @kai, do you know anything about this hub? I’m assuming you may have some knowledge of the ESH customers.

@Fenix_Ma, it looks like you work for Mixtile, at least it appears that way from there being a member of their forum with the same name and titled Team Member. If so, it’s a bit shady to come in the guise of an OH user looking at a product, when you’re actually an employee of the company that manufactures it. Hopefully this is not the case… but if so, not at all a good first impression!

I can’t seem to get the Contact Us form on your website to work, so maybe you can answer whether root access is allowed on the hub so that OH could be installed on this device?

2 Likes

This is right, see also ESH references.
Apart from this, there is no link to openHAB itself, so questions around it should indeed be asked at the Mixtile forum - we won’t do any support here in the openHAB forum.

If so, it’s a bit shady to come in the guise of an OH user looking at a product, when you’re actually an employee of the company that manufactures

I absolutely agree with you and I disapprove such a hidden promotion on our forum. Nothing against mentioning the product here, especially if there might be the option to deploy additional openhab add-ons to it and tinker with the hardware, but that should indeed be posted under the real identity, not being disguised as a user.

2 Likes