New Hue Hub

I’m guessing no one has one yet, but do we know if the new Hue hub (v2 - Homekit integration) will still work with the current Hue binding? Most reviews seem to indicate that it’s a straight swap to replace the old v1 hub with the new v2 one, but I’ve seen a few mention ‘new app’.

Anyone know anything either way?

I have one available for testing and it should all be smooth. I have only tested with the new Hue binding in openHAB 2, but I would not expect any problems in openHAB 1 either.

Kai,

That’s good news, I can add the Hues back onto my wish list :smile:

Thanks,

Nick

Just received, and the basics arr working on/oof, brightness, color in OH1.7.1

Thomas

Hello everybody,

I have tested the new Hue Bridge 2.0 with latest firmware with openHab v1.7.1 (on RPI). Sadly the pairing does not work (configuration and settings correct). I get the following error during restart of openHAB:

2015-11-16 13:22:24.213 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 12 seconds... 2015-11-16 13:22:25.226 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 11 seconds... 2015-11-16 13:22:25.817 [ERROR] [.hue.internal.data.HueSettings] - Could not read Settings-Json from Hue Bridge. 2015-11-16 13:22:25.818 [ERROR] [.hue.internal.data.HueSettings] - Hue bridge settings not initialized correctly. 2015-11-16 13:22:25.826 [ERROR] [.service.AbstractActiveService] - Error while executing background thread Hue Refresh Service java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.HueBinding.execute(HueBinding.java:104) ~[na:na] at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156) ~[na:na] at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173) ~[na:na] 2015-11-16 13:22:26.242 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 10 seconds... 2015-11-16 13:22:27.255 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 9 seconds... 2015-11-16 13:22:28.268 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 8 seconds...

I pressed the button on the Hue-Bridge several times without any reaction. Same Problem with a virtual Machine with Win7 and native openHAB installation on MacOS. With the old Hue-Bridge it is working fine. In my opinion it should be a problem with the JSON String. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

The problem ist solved…after testing a lot of combinations, even with the old hue bridge it was a simple, stupid, …rtfm…problem: the pairing-password needs a minimum of 10 characters :smile: