I have written an openhab2 binding for JeeLink USB Receivers and connected LaCrosse temperature sensors/EC3000 power monitors.
It is not thoroughly tested (but running fine here with 3 connected sensors on linux) and I would like to make it available to a wider audience for testing before I create a pull request on github.
- manual bridge configuration
- sensor discovery (after bridge has been configured): it should discover things connected to the bridge for every sensor that provides values (and adds them to the inbox when there is no other sensor on this bridge with the same sensor id)
- the lacrosse temperature sensor things allow to change the sensor id via a string command “SetSensorId newId” on the sensor id channel (this can be used to adapt the sensor id after battery replacement)
- sensor values are only reported at the end of every update interval (averages will be calculated over all readings that have been made in the this time)
- the length of the update interval is configurable (live mode is also possible)
- it is designed to allow easy addition of other sensors that can be connected to a JeeLink.
Since the binding reads from the serial port, I am not so sure about how this works on windows, but I am open for advice and suggested improvements.
If anybody is interested in testing the binding I would upload it somewhere (or can the jar be attached to the post somehow?).
Edit: the binding has been merged is now part of the official distribution.