New Netatmo binding (starting OH 3.3 M5)

Hi, everyone.

Does anyone know what are the possible values of the Home (Bridge) Mode channel? I don’t see it in the old or new documentation.
I have been experimenting with the values set when I change the settings on the Netatmo Energy App to no avail. “Comfort”, “Away”, “Night”, and “Frost-guard” don’t seem to be supported.
“away”, “schedule”, and “hg” are not supported either, contrary to what’s mentioned in the Netatmo documentation.

Hi there,
I could need some help to get the Doorbell into openHAB.
I managed to get the Netatmo Account and Home Bridge online but the Doorbell Thing refuses to come online:

There is not a lot to be configured. I linked the Home Bridge (which is online) and the correct MAC address. Is there anything else one should take care of?

And does somebody know whether it will be possible to switch the chime via the binding soon?
It is possible inside the official app but only for up to 4 hours and I have to do it manually.

Looking forward to your answers. :slight_smile:
Oliver

Run the console command to identify all your equipments and their id. This is explained in doc:

OK, now it works. I tried it again with the Netatmo API and my home ID showing the ID of the doorbell. :slight_smile:

Now back to the question with the chime: Can it be switched on/off? I do not see a setting in the binding.

You’re correct, the “Do not disturb” function is not available in the binding. I did not even notice it existed :slight_smile: . I’m going to take a look at the API to see if it’s publicly available (some functions available in the Netatmo app are not always published …)

Apparently not currently (Netatmo Connect | Security API Documentation). If someone finds how to call this function, I’ll be glad to add it. @jabra_the_hut could you please open an issue so we track this request ?

Yes, I‘ll take care of it. I also asked in the official Netatmo forum (English section) what’s the state on that feature.

1 Like

Hi @glhopital I still have the problem reported in

Have you git any idea on how to solve it?

Thnaks a lot.

Unfortunately not @Rickytr , I do not reproduce the problem.

@glhopital Is there a way to ‘force’ the thing in some way so that it never goes offline if the bridge is online?

This may be an idea. I’m going to investigate this. It may not be silly to consider that Rooms and Persons are resilient enough to not go OFFLINE :slight_smile: (at least as long as considered in home automation, after that it’s another …sad…story). @Lolodomo : your thoughts ?

Looks reasonable to me to consider a room or person thing as always ONLINE when the bridge is ONLINE AND the room/person id is returned by the API.

Great @glhopital! I can do some tests when you have a new version available…

Could you try this ? - Sorry I blindly made a small modification, unable to see if the impact is the expected one. You’ll be my guinea pig.

@Lolodomo : funny thing is that it had been implemented, via the ignoredForThingUpdate property of NAObject set to true for rooms and persons (you did it IIRW). So we may have faced the issue when finalizing it.

Tried the new jar for 1d and so far so good. Thanks a lot @glhopital.

Ok, if you confirm it works, I’ll publish it on the Marketplace. With the OH4 switch ongoing, I will not be able to simply update it via PR until I switch my dev environment to OH4.

Gael, I would rather imagine to include that in the 3.4 patch. Is it really a requirement to move to java 17 to submit a small PR if you have still your local git repo in a version before the move to 4.0? I have not yet tested myself but I hope it is doable.

Correct, a 3.4.1 branch exists so I could submit PR on this branch (will have to figure out how to do this).

I believe you have to submit against main branch and then there is a way to select PRs to apply to 3.4.1 branch. I don’t know how to do that myself but apparently it is doable and a maintainer will certainly do that.

@glhopital there seems to be still some problems with the ‘person’ thing. After an openhab restart one of my thing is OFFLINE (I have 3 person things). I tried to stop and restart thing and binding with no luck.
I don’t know if this can be related but the person thing that is OFFLINE was set as ‘away’ (I checked with Netatmo app) during the restart. I tried also to set the person as ‘at home’ and restart OH but the thing is still offline.
I tried also to add other ‘person’ things (all in ‘away’ state) but all remains in offline state.

The problem of the room an person things switching offline and online at every refresh is also stil present,