New openHab2 EnOcean binding

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, the pushbutton triggers work fine now!

Is there any chance to get the D2-11-02 (Thermokon SR06 thermostat with humidity) fully implemented? Right now it gets recognized and taught in, thing updates these channels:

There are some problems that need resolving:

• Humidity not getting any values- always NULL
  • Occupancy has value OFF, should be ON
  • Setpoint can not be set from OpenHab to display corrrectly on the thermostat (It should be bidirectional)

Have you gotten any of the D2-11 profiles to actually give feedback to thermostat ie updating setpoint?

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding an issue I discovered during a long term test period with an eltako/openhab 3 testbench setting. I have several Eltako devices installed (FAM14, FGW14-USB, FUD14, FSB14, FSR14-4x, FTS14EM) and those are connected to OH3 via the FGW14-USB Gateway. With one rocker switch connected to the FTS14EM I created a scene switch to count through different light scenes (managed by rules, in principle like here). So far this setting works very good without any problems.

Anyway, sometimes when i press the rocker switch to change the scene, or another switch (controls also a rule) which is connected to the FTS14EM nothing happens. When I look to the log there is really “nothing”. I get no “PRESSED” or “RELEASED” state in the log. The small status LEDs on the Eltako devices show me, that the button press is recognized by the FTS14EM and send via the RS485 bus to the FGW14-USB.

As mentioned above, another switch (no scene button) does also not response. I can’t detect no pattern behind the behaviour.

I changed the log already to DEBUG but there are also no entries.

More curious, changing the scene states from within OH3 Main UI is further possible.

Rebooting the Raspberry or restarting openhab service solve the issue, but this can’t be the final solution.

I don’t know if this is important, but yesterday before this happend i got an Log entry from the HP Printer Binding as follows:

2021-12-11 18:33:40.913 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Total timeout 10000 ms elapsed

2021-12-11 18:33:40.983 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Total timeout 10000 ms elapsed to ONLINE

2021-12-11 18:33:45.156 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE

2021-12-11 18:33:45.161 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE

2021-12-11 18:33:45.210 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE

2021-12-11 18:33:55.210 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE

2021-12-11 18:33:55.213 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE

2021-12-11 18:33:55.291 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from OFFLINE to UNINITIALIZED

2021-12-11 18:33:55.308 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hpprinter:printer:77c1526f6b' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)

Does anyone observed a same behaviour or has anyone an idea whats might the problem?

Hardware/Software information:
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
Eltako (see above)
Openhab 3.1.0 stable release
Enocean Binding 3.1.0 (official from OH3)

Best regards and many thanks in advance
Stefan

Hi, someone have the NodeOn MSP-2-1-x1 Micro Plug (EEP; D2-01-0E)?
I have trouble to get it working with my OH3 setup.
I find the Device in discovery mode and add it as a thing on OH.

OH receives status changes when i manual press the switch button on the micro plug, but i cannot control the plug from openhab. During the pairing procedure, i flip the switch ON and OFF on webgui but the pairing light stay red and does not pair.

The pairing is working if i use a physical rocker switch (ie the Nodon SIN-2-2-01 Acutator)

Any help is very appreciated

Is there a teachin channel for you thing in openhab within channels (need to click show all)?
If yes you need to use this channel for learning.

No, there isn’t:

Ok just found that maybe is not supported … :frowning:

HI Tanel,

humidity channel should get values now. Occupancy status should be fixed too. The bidir part is still in WIP. The device does not react as it should according to the docs. I suspect a timing issue. Maybe I find some time during holiday to finish this.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi Frederico,

as I mentioned in the issue, I will change the UTE teach in respone and test it with my UTE devices. However until now all my UTE devices could be teached in. Even NodOn devices like SIN-2-1-01.

Best regards

HI Stefan,

I do not own a FGW14-USB nor FTS14EM, I could just test the RS485 implementation with my FAM. So there could still exist some bugs in the implementation :slight_smile:
Do you still receive message from your other devices like your FUD when this problem occurs? Maybe the receive threads gets an unexpected message and breaks :man_shrugging: Do you find error message in your logs before this happens?

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your immediate answer. Unfortunately i get also no log entry when pressing another button for example the FSB. For testing purpose this device is configured in PCT14 both, for direct use within the eltako world and for OH3 world (Funktion 31 Fahrkommando mit Zeitwertübergabe von GFVS).

Interessing point, I can run the rules from the Main UI (via a Widget) without any problem. The different Scene scripts are executed (with log entries) although the rocker switches are not working.

I’m not quite sure but i guess everytime i monitored this issue, i have seen some red “ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent” entries like UNINITIALIZED things or changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE from other bindings. As descriped above a few days ago it was from the hpprinter binding, today from the logreader binding. So it does not depend on the binding i guess…

The only way to fix this right now is rebooting the Pi.

Is there a chance to see more details about the rx thread from the enocean binding?

UPDATE (2021-12-19)
Obviously there is a correlation to other bindings once they are spaming the log with error messages. I did some testing because the HPPrinter Binding spamed the log with COMMUNICATION_ERROR messages and Changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE and vice versa.

Interessting part, while log is spamed, once triggering the rocker switch, the FSR14-4x switched immediately and the FUD14 needed about 15 seconds. I could reproduce this a lot of time. Also the Debug log showed that the EnOceanTransceiver send the telegram at least after this time period.

Problem is solved once the other Binding is disabled. BUT i guess it’s not related to exactly this binding. Maybe it’s more a kind of cpu/memory/performance or what else usage.

@fruggy83 do you have any idea how we could figure out what happens in detail? I could you provide with any data/logs what else you need.

Best regards and many thanks
Stefan

Hi at all,

a short update from my side. I guess i figured out what caused the problem. Obviously I was running into some trouble with java garbage collection. I use a Raspi 4 with 8 GB RAM and the java heap space was set to default by openhab. Since changing this setting to some more space (1GB) I could not longer monitor this behaviour. So all works great!

Some usefull links to this topic for me are shown below:

Rule execution lags, possibly Java GC - Setup, Configuration and Use / Scripts & Rules - openHAB Community

java - What are the -Xms and -Xmx parameters when starting JVM? - Stack Overflow

I hope this helps other guys in future.

Best regards!
Stefan

I have recently updated my OH install to the latest stable and this brought with it the change to EnOcean from OpenOcean.
I had a working configuration where I was using the tcp bridge, which is now part of the combined bridge thing. When entering the address like rfc2217://192.168.2.197:3001 I get the following result:
CONFIGURATION_PENDING
trying to get bridge base id…
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the pushButton Thing and a corresponding Switch item.

The Switch Item is linked to a channel as descriped in the docs as follows:

eltako.thingsfile

Bridge enocean:bridge:gtwy "EnOcean FGW-14 USB" [path="/dev/ttyUSB0", rs485BaseId="0000B000", rs485="true", espVersion="ESP2"] {
    Thing pushButton FTS14EM_1_0_E1 "Taster Scene Innen" @ "Office" [enoceanId="00001001", receivingEEPId="F6_01_01"] 
}

eltako.items file

Switch Change_Scene "Scene Keller" (gScene) {channel="enocean:pushButton:gtwy:FTS14EM_1_0_E1:pushButton", autoupdate="false"}

So, now when i press the Switch (connected to the FTS14EM) I get the PRESSED event and when i release it, I get the RELEASED event.

However, the Switch Item turns to ON after the first press and to OFF after the second press. I would like to achieve that the Item turns ON with PRESSED and OFF with RELEASED.

Does anybody has an idea how to do that?

Best regards
Stefan

You can create a rule with a script.
Something like:
“If channel XX get triggerd with event PRESSED then send command ON to item XX, if channel XX get triggerd with event RELEASED then send command OFF to item XX.

I think the rawbutton-on-off-switch trigger profile should do the same thing without having to use a separate rule.

Hi @DrRSatzteil,

can you give me a little bit more infos about the rawbutton-on-off-switch? I’m not familar with this…

Many thanks!

Hi @dirkdirk,

thanks for this. It worked! I looked around several days for an answer but sometimes the simple one is the best!

Thanks a lot!
Stefan

rule "Scenen Taster Hobbyraum"
when
    Channel "enocean:pushButton:gtwy:FTS14EM_1_0_E1:pushButton" triggered
then
    if (receivedEvent == "PRESSED") {
        Taster_Hobby.sendCommand(ON)
    }
    else if (receivedEvent == "RELEASED") {
        Taster_Hobby.sendCommand(OFF)
    }
end

Sure, have a look at the docs. Pretty much at the bottom of the page you will find the Profiles section (scroll down a bit): Items | openHAB

You can set a profile when linking the thing channel to an item (see screenshot).

However I think I’m wrong unfortunately. The „Raw Rocker To On Off“ profile seems to just change a switch state to on with one press (press and release cycle) and off with another push so exactly what you experienced before and what you don’t want to happen. So sorry actually I think the rule is the way to go for you.

Thanks for this. You are right, unfortunately the approach with the Profiles will not work. I tried it.

The way descriped in my last post is good enough, this works. Anyway, thanks a lot for your fast help!

Best regards
Stefan

Hi @fruggy83

just a short question, I have a setup with a lot of Eltako series 14 actors (like FSR, FUD, FSB…) and this setup growed above 127 IDs. So now i need to split the RS485 bus into two seperate. For this the first bus is driven by a FAM14 + FGW14-USB and the second bus will be made with a FTS14KS + FGW14-USB.

Now my question, is it possible to use two FGW14-USB within the enocean binding?

My understanding is just to setup a second bridge with the corresponding baseid and path to the USB device.

Best regards
Stefan