I am working on an EnOcean openHab2 binding for quite some time. As some of you already know it is somehow difficult to develop an official binding because of IP concernings about the EEPs. As you can read here the idea to solve this problem is to use an external lib which handles the communication and EEP stuff. However as I could not find such a lib which fulfils all my needs I implemented all that stuff by myself. So this binding will never get an official binding, but works pretty well as long as we do not have an official binding.
This binding contains the following features:
- No need for a thrid party lib, full EnOcean stack implemented, hence full control over the gateway (for ex enable repeater function)
- Auto discovery with teach-in implemented
- Developed on USB300 and running on EnOcean PI gateway
- Bidirectional communication, hence openHab items get updated if devices are controlled outside of openHab
- Switching, dimming, rollershutter, metering and rocker switch EEP implemented
You can find the current version here
A precompiled version can be found there, too. I would be glad if you could test this binding with your devices, tell me what could have been done better or which features you are missing and which EEPs should be implemented next.
Fell free to ask me any question about this binding.
- Rocker switches support profiles now, added Play/Pause profile
- For those of you who cannot wait for new EEPs implemented => use a GenericThing instead. These things must do the Enocean <-> Openhab conversion with transformation funcs
- Polling for refreshable things like D2-01 things
- Seperated F6_02_01/02 EEP to precisely define which button is UP/DOWN
Keep up the good work.