New openHab2 EnOcean binding

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83)

I created the in wall module things by auto detection. The detected EEP is:

NodON SIN-2-1-0x (EEP: D2_01_12)

The reference of the in wall module I use based on the user manual is different:

SIN-2-2-0x

and the EEP is identically

EEP: D2-01-12

If I open the drop down list in the Paper UI of the related thing, I’ve got the following possible EEP’s

grafik

Its seems that the reference and EEP are mixed for the nodon in wall modules.

Best regards

Raphael

Good morning Raphael (@raphael),

thanks a lot for this trace log. I could find the error and will fix the bug today. Another interesting fact from the log is that whenever you press your physical switch the in wall module emulates an enocean rocker switch press/release. Therefore you could link another wireless enocean actuators to you wired switch (for example switch on light and activate an smart plug). Very nice feature :+1:
These in wall modules getting more and more interesting for me.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Raphael (@raphael),

thanks a lot for this hint, too. I will also fix this.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Raphael (@raphael),

I fixed these two issues. Just clear your openhab cache and update the binding.

Best regards
Daneil

Hey Daniel,

any news about the problem with the installation failure? I got the same message like Christian with the same settings:

Error executing command: Error installing bundles:
Unable to install bundle org.openhab.binding.openocean: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error reading bundle content.

Thanks and best regards
Matze

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83)

Thanks a lot for your support.

Unfortunately I am not able to update the binding. I did the following steps:

1. Cleared the cache
  2. Update the binding

Using karaf to install the binding failed with the following error message:

Unable to install bundle org.openhab.binding.openocean: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error reading bundle content.

I had the same problem during the first installation. But some how I was able to find the binding in Paper UI and to install it. Unfortunately I am now not able to reinstall the binding.

Do you have any idea how to fix this issue?

Edit:
After posting I read the posts of Matze and Christian. It looks like that I am facing the same issue.

Best regards Raphael

Hi Raphael (@raphael), Matze (@Matzefication), Christian (@c214),

after an update of my openhab installation, I had the same issues. In my case the feature openhab-transport-serial always gets uninstalled after a clean-cache. This must have been changed since OH 2.3. However after installing this feature again, the binding starts as usual.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83),

unfortunately that did not work for me. I re-installed openhab-transport-serial and it also seems to be started, unfortunately the installation still fails with the same error.

Any other ideas :slight_smile:

Thanks and regards
Matze

Hi @Matzefication,

try the following:

1. reinstall openhab-transport-serial
  2. Restart Openhab: “sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 stop” and then “sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 start”

This was enough to get my openocean binding working again after upgrading openhab.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Alex (@Casshern),

I uninstalled the feature openhab-transport-serial, then installed it again, restarted the openhab service but it ends up in the same error message when I try to install the openocean bundle:

openhab> bundle:install org.openhab.binding.openocean
Bundle IDs:

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong :frowning:

Thanks for your support.
Matze

Hi @Matzefication, @raphael, @c214,

so i just used my test-setup to see what your problem could be. I deleted the binding, updated my openhab to the newest 2.4 snapshot and copied the newest openocean binding into the addons-folder.
Then i stoped openhab, cleared tmp + cache and restarted the whole system.
After everything booted up again, i went into karaf and executed “feature:install openhab-transport-serial”. When i now try to install the binding, i get the same error-message, you guys did, BUT the importent part is, when you execute “bundle:list” you will probably also see, that the bundle is already installed ! Openhab installs the bindings, put into the addons-folder, automaticly. When you now go into Paper-Ui and click on the “+ - symbol”, you will propably the the openocean-binding listed and working.
I hope it works for you.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi @fruggy83,

i just deleted this line from the documentation:
“install openocean (bundle:install org.openhab.binding.openocean)”
It is not nessesary anymore and only confuses new beginners.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Alex (@Casshern),

does this only work under 2.4? I have openhab 2.3 installed. There, the bundle does not appear to be installed automatically. I can not find anything at bundle:list or paper-ui.

Regards
Matze

Afaik a bundle installed manually through addons folder will not appear in paper UI, but I did not do this with OH2 bindings yet, so this is just a guess.

Did you use the right addons folder? Depends on the way you installed openHAB2. If using apt or openHABian, it should be in /usr/share/openhab2/addons/

Hi Matze (@Matzefication),

no. I never used the manual install via “bundle:install”. I am using openhab and this binding since 2.2.
Maybe try to restart the whole device and then execute “feature:install openhab-transport-serial” again.

As @Udo_Hartmann wrote, the binding needs to be in the right folder.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi @Udo_Hartmann,

it will not appear under Bindings in Paper-UI. But it will in “Inbox” after you click on the “+ - Symbol”.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Udo (@Udo_Hartmann), Alex (@Casshern),

I have just downloaded the new version from https://github.com/fruggy83/openocean/raw/master/precompiled/org.openhab.binding.openocean-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and followed the installation instructions again.

Everything works fine now. Thank you very much for your support. You are my heroes!

Regards
Matze

Hi Matze (@Matzefication),

i am relieved - i was kinda out of ideas now :joy:. You are very welcome.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Alex (@Casshern)

Thanks a lot for your support. I was now also able to reinstall the openocean-binding.

I didn’t clean up the /srv/openhab2-addons folder properly before copy the new snapshot. After I cleaned up the folder properly and followed your instructions it worked.

Best regards Raphael

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83)

Thank you very much for your support.

Bidirectional communication with nodon in wall module works now perfectly. The name in the drop down list looks also fine:joy:.

Best regards Raphael