New PJLink Binding for controlling multiple projector brands/models

openhab2
binding
pjlink
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0148012368> #<Tag:0x00007f01480120e8> #<Tag:0x00007f0148011fa8>

(Nils Schnabel) #1

Hi everyone,

I’ve implemented a PJLink binding for openHAB 2.

It allows to control devices which implement the standard, in particular digital projectors. The binding currently supports PJLink class 1 including authentication.

A lot of well known projector manufacturers are involved in the standard, e.g. Sony, Panasonic, NEC, and many more. Even if it is not officially mentioned, also Acer projectors support the standard (at least some, like mine).

If you are interested, check out the pull request for details, in particular the README.md file.

Feel free to try it with your projector and let me know if you run into issues!

Best Regards,
Nils

Install?
(Itseogo) #2

Hi,

How i Can install this binding?
I don´t can find the .jar install data, or i must be create the .jar self ?

I have been searching for this binding for a long time.:slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,
itsego

(Nils Schnabel) #3

Hi itseogo,

you can find the most recent jar from the pull request here:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.pjlinkdevice/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

I’m pretty sure you’ll have to use an openHAB 2.4.0 milestone/development build, as the binding makes use of some more recent API.

Best Regards,
Nils

(Itseogo) #4

Hi,

i can´t use the binding, i have Error when i will install.

ecuting command: Error installing bundles:
Unable to install bundle 269: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error reading bundle content.

and when i will start the binding get this Error.

Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 269: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.pjlinkdevice [269]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp

I use Openhab 2.0.4.M5 on Raspiberry Pi.

Have you a idea what i can to do ?

(Nils Schnabel) #5

Hi itseogo,

thanks for testing! The JAR has been updated, could you please try again?

Best Regards,
Nils

(Itseogo) #6

Hi,

Thanks ,now it works the binding update,
I have test the binding with a EPSON EB-4750W (PJ link Class 1) and EPSON EB-5530U (PJ link Class 2) it works.
I can Power off/on and change the Inputs.