New Thread: Modbus Configuration Error on ModbusSlaveIOException

Hi Openhab community, I would like to continue the Modbus thread Modbus Configuration Error on ModbusSlaveIOException as since I have upgraded to OH 3.0 I wanted to resume using the ModBus Binding.

Currently I have this setup:

• Air Ventilation System that support Modbus RS485 Communication.
  • USR-W610 Gateway in STA Mode and Data Transfer Mode “Modbus TCP <==> Modbus RTU”.
    Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 18.01.15

I am defining all the objects via UI as desired in OH3 but getting the same errors I was getting on OH2.

2021-01-09 17:50:11.887 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'modbus:data:holdings_0_16:velocitaVentolaEspulsione' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error (ModbusSlaveIOExceptionImpl) with read. Request: ModbusReadRequestBlueprint@f0f8fd[slaveId=1,functionCode=READ_MULTIPLE_REGISTERS,start=0,length=16,maxTries=3]. Description: ModbusSlaveIOException(cause=ModbusIOException, EOF=false, message='I/O exception: EOFException null', cause2=null). Message: Modbus IO Error with cause=ModbusIOException, EOF=false, message='I/O exception: EOFException null', cause2=null to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): No online bridge

2021-01-09 17:50:17.912 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'modbus:poller:VMC_risc_15_30:holdings_0_16' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error with read: org.openhab.core.io.transport.modbus.internal.ModbusSlaveIOExceptionImpl: Modbus IO Error with cause=ModbusIOException, EOF=false, message='I/O exception: EOFException null', cause2=null to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error with read: org.openhab.core.io.transport.modbus.internal.ModbusSlaveIOExceptionImpl: Modbus IO Error with cause=ModbusIOException, EOF=false, message='I/O exception: ModbusIOException Premature end of stream (Header truncated).', cause2=null

2021-01-09 17:57:06.045 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'modbus:poller:VMC_risc_15_30:holdings_0_16' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Error with read: org.openhab.core.io.transport.modbus.internal.ModbusSlaveIOExceptionImpl: Modbus IO Error with cause=ModbusIOException, EOF=false, message='I/O exception: ModbusIOException Premature end of stream (Header truncated).', cause2=null to ONLINE

@rossko57 was so nice to try to help me but I stopped investigating because lack of time.

Is anyone using USR-W610 in the same setup and having issues?

ModBus Variables values are coming in but quite often I get this COMMUNICATION ERRORs as above and everything stops working after a while.