New to OpenHab - How do I fix my wish (Gardena Binding + Alexa file based)

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel Nuk
    • OpenHAB version: LATEST SNAPSHOT
    • Issue How do I fix my wish (Gardena Binding + Alexa file based)

I’ve trying to get into the Openhab world, its uphill but i’m giving it a go. System is up and running, i have made my sitemap demo, and installed the Gardena binding, if i use auto all comes up - and i can control the Irritation syatem via the web interface. But Alexa can’t start it - as I cant set the [Switchable] tag in auto mode? So i’m trying to set it all up via config files - and this is the nightmare for me, but it is loaded and loged in - so the help i need is how to config the items file, things file and sitemap to also use it via the mobile (mobile is hooked up via the cloud and connected)

I think its very hard to read the Gardena Binding site, on how to config the ic24 “smart Irrigation Control” and end up with option to turn on Zone 1 and than in the end could do a Amazon Ecro statment “Alexa - start Zone1”. Link to the Add-on is here: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/gardena/

In my things file i have this:

Bridge gardena:account:home [ email="XX@XX.com", password="SECRET", refresh=30 ]
{
  Thing ic24 myirrigation  [ deviceId="Here is used the ID found on the config webpage for the ic24 device" ]
}

I can see it online, in the interface under automode/auto setup - here I can start and stop the irritation and set time, but i need it to be configered manualy in the config files to make it work with Alexa.

Can anyone help me out on what i need in the other config files… i can’t figure it out - and i’m so close.

I’m not a developer or used to coding, but have worked a little with linux, and everything else is working. Just need some help in understading how to do this.

Hope someone, if ready to take on the challange :slight_smile:

Is there NO one able to help? on how to setup things and items etc based on the Gardena guide?

:slight_smile:

What channels does the thing exposes?

Hi Vzorgglub,

I’m new, so what channels is, is a little new but i’m gonna try to show you.

Channels 1 - 6 im showing the first as the only valve i have, but it supports 6:

This is what the GUI shows under the unit, under Channels.

Watering Timer 1

gardena:ic24:home:myirigation:watering#watering_timer_1
number

Guide is here: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/gardena/#supported-things

You can create an item in an items file:

Number Gardena_Timer "Timer [%d]" { channel="gardena:ic24:home:myirigation:watering#watering_timer_1" }

And you can send a command in a rule to that item like so:

rule "Gardena"
when
    //sometrigger
then
    Gardena_Timer.sendCommand(20)
end

Now, Alexa doesn’t really support sending commands to number items but it can do Dimmer items
You need to set a tag of [Lighting] in the item and say:
“Set Gardena Timer to 20”

See:

It’s a work around.

Thanks, now I just need to make a currect Sitemap for it to trigger via the interface + mobile, will try Alexa in a moment.

I tryid this in the sitemaps - but cant make it start, it will not go up or down in mins, might be a wrong choice to use Setpoint.

sitemap home label=“SmartHome”
{
Frame label=“Garden”
{
Setpoint item=Gardena_Timer label=“Zone1 [%.1f min]” minValue=1 maxValue=59 step=1
}