New Z-Wave Device - Unable to Add to Database

Hi all,
I’ve got the new generation of the GE/Jasco Z-Wave Toggle Switch (without dimmer), SKU# 14292.
I’ve gone through the normal channels to attempt to add this device to the database at cd-jackson.com, but it seems I am unable to do so, or perhaps not permitted to do so, as the options for adding the device are missing.

I’m hoping someone else can take over and get this device added? The XML file for the device generated by openhab2 is attached:
network_ec74bd6d__node_8.xml (9.5 KB)

Please help me getting this device added to the database. It’s very similar to the “14291” device which is already added; this one is the toggle switch instead of the paddle.

Once it’s added to the database, how will I get OpenHAB to recognize it? Will that happen automatically or will I need to update my snapshot?

Thank!

[quote=“sockmeister, post:1, topic:28968”]
seems I am unable to do so, or perhaps not permitted to do so, as the options for adding the device are missing
[/quote]

Did you follow the second step on Chris’s site to request additional access to submit?

To use the database you must first register on the site,

then email to have your access updated to allow you to edit the information.

Once he up’s your access you can upload the XML file.

Thanks for that prompt reply. I was sure I missed something but not sure what. That subtle line was buried in the text and I must have skimmed over it.

If it’s a quick process, I was hoping someone else would upload the xml who has access; I’ve emailed with a request, but I don’t know how long that will take.

Once the database is updated, do you know if the binding will automatically pull in the info for this device? Does it require a simple openhab reboot? etc.

Chris is usually very quick to respond. I base this on my brief interaction with him and how I’ve seen him respond on the forums.

Once he approves the XML you’ll need to find out when the next build occurs and then you’ll need to add the new JAR file to your addons folder.

See more info here…

https://community.openhab.org/t/how-to-upgrade-zwave-binding-to-latest-snapshot
1 Like

Thanks once again.
I am currently on a snapshot build and am using the z-wave binding in the addons folder as well; I had to do this about a month ago to use the z-wave Qwikset deadbolt lock. I’m assuming that will be a simple “replace the z-wave binding .jar file” venture.