Your new binding works great, @Wire82 . Thank you!
since I am affected by the same ZWay problem I would like to try out your improved version with OH 2.2. Is the JAR you provide on Github compatible with OH 2.2. If so, what is the preferred method to install it?
Thanks for checking & fixing this problem.
Yes the binding is compatible with OH 2.2. Just uninstall the ZWay binding via Paper UI and place the .jar file within the Addons folder of your openHAB installation.
After a few seconds openHAB will detect the binding and install it automatically.
Thank you also for testing the binding.
Running @Wire82 's build for almost a week now… and no problems!
And, indeed, there is a MASSIVE improvement in responsiveness!
Superb work, Johannes! Vielen Dank!
Ok, just installed the 2.3 binding. First impression is very good. Controlled devices react much, much faster than before. CPU load around 20% compared to >100% before. I’ll keep you updated regarding stability and performance.
Great job !
Now i found the time to set up a test environment with the latest OH-Snapshot and it works very fine
Reinstalled OH 2.2 and the new z-way binding from @wire82 … running very well now
Thanks a lot, great work
Thank you very much for testing the binding. After it seems that everything works well I prepared everything for the PR at OpenHab. The version I want to push can be found here:
So fell free to test the, hopefully, final binding.
Problems with ZWay in OH 2.2 / Openhabian 1.4
I’ve just installed it. With the previous version, I never had a problem.
Does something changed in this version?
Today I did the PR at OpenHab. So let’s see when it gets approved…
Thank you all for testing…!
This is just the clean version I did for the PR. Normally nothing should change for you. I only cleaned the code from various Debug points.
One week of testing is over. All good so far. Response time still very fast. System properly working.
also the clean version of you z-way binding run very well since five days, without any problems. Thanks
Can someone please ping Kai to review the commit. For many user this updates makes the difference between a useless OpenHAB Installation and a well working system.
The reworked binding should be merged ASAP.
I am trying this binding and I am using OpenHab 2.2.0 and the version patched by Wire82. First of all: a big “thank you” to Wire82 for his effort and more in general to the entire community for what I was able to understand from all you.
In general terms, the binding appear to be responsive, but there is an issue that I do not understand: I am trying the process of inclusion of OpenHab items into ZWay, but even if I am able to go ahead through the configuration inside PaperUI, I am then unable to finalize the inclusion inside ZWay. For example, look at the picture below, where I put a switch inside “secure inclusion” mode:
At this point I would expect to go to the ZWay interface (http://192.168.1.129:8083/smarthome/#/devices) and be able to start the inclusion of that OpenHab switch as a sort of “virtual device”… or I am wrong? As a matter of fact, I am unable to do this. I am at my first steps with both OpenHab and Zwave/Zway, but on the basis of limited experience after starting the inclusion mode of a physical device I should take some action on the device itself in order to complete the inclusion process (push a button, etc.). In this case, which kind of action must I take? I can only say that fter putting the switch into “inclusion” mode from PaperUI I can see it into the “control” option of PaperUI, in this way:
I tried to move the switch during the inclusion process activated from Zway, but nothing happened.
I am quite convinced that I honestly did not understand some important detail, but at the moment I am unable to proceed. I am able to control OpenHab switches and items from Zway using http commands, but using the ZWay binding would be anyway a more elegant solution.
Thank you for any suggestion, and please forgive me if I really did not understand some important issue!
I am having some issues the last couple of weeks.
It is the binding, i am pretty sure.
Sometimes it takes minutes for the devices to react (not battery powered devices that don’t sleep ).
But if i log into razberry and control it from there everything is fine.
The problem is that i don’t get any indication in the log files so i don’t know how to solve this problem.
Can your give me some hints on what to check or ask what you need to get this fixed?
I am running the latest binding provided via paperUI on a raspberry pi 3 with the z-wave shield attached.
affected is for instance my fibaro wall plug.
Razberry FW up to date (2.3.6) …
This sounds like the problem which is discussed here over the last weeks.
And you are right. If you using the binding provided by PaperUI it has some big issues.
To solve this please try the binding provided above and install it via the addons folder (Don’t forget to uninstall the zWay binding via PaperUI first).
This should solve your problem.
I dont’t know if this is possible. As I think the binding can not provide some virtual items from OpenHab to Zway. The binding allows controlling zWay items via OpenHab only.
Wow, lightning fast response!
I installed it and will test it
Reporting back in a few days!
Thanks for the great work!