I’ve been using VeraLite controllers for about 5 years now. But over the last year or so, I have been moving away from it and using openHAB where possible. Then about it finally died about a month ago. So now I needed to move the ZWave related device to openHAB.
The following is my environment information.
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1/2GB/32GB
- OS: Buster
- Java Runtime Environment: Zulu18.104.22.168-CA-linux_aarch32hf
- openHAB version: 2.5.9
- Zigbee Temperature & Humidity Sensor (x3) and Bulbs (x2) using zigbee2mqtt
- BLE Devices Miflora (x3) and Ruuvitag (x3) using bt-mqtt-gateway
- Wifi Plugs (x6) and Bulbs (x2) using mqtt as flashed with Tasmota
- Milight Bulbs (x6) using Milight binding
- RF Wall Light Switches (x4) using RF command
- Amazon Echo (x2)
After some research, I purchased ZWave.me uzb1 stick. I have successfully paired and integrated the following:
- TKBHome TZ88E (x2)
- TKBHome TZ69E (x2)
- Philio PST02-1A (x2)
- Sensative Strip
- ZD2102 Door Window Sensor
- Secure SSR-302 Two Channel Boiler
- Secure SRT321 Thermostat
However, I’m having a few issues with some of the devices.
Issue 1: After pairing the devices, the node items are getting updated. This is occurring for the following devices: EZMotion Express Wireless 3-in-1, IX-32 PIR Sensor and Sensative Strip. I think the Sensative Strip may need to be reset as when I manually triggered it (move its magnet) it returns an error by flashing the led 5 times.
Issue 2: Unable to pair Stellaz thermostats: I have failed in getting these to work at all with the new controller, however they were working with the VeraLite but based on my previous experience getting these to work with VeraLite, I know these can be difficult to get working.
Issue 3: How do I manage to turn on\off the boiler if a manually heating request is sent from the SRT321 Thermostat? Should I use a rule or is there a way of associating the heat channels?
Any help\tips\guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Issue 3: Has been resolved by configuring the association between the thermostat and the boiler. Thanks @hafniumzinc
Update Issue 1: Noticed this morning that the EZMotion Express Wireless 3-in-1 node status is displaying
ONLINE Node initialising: UPDATE_DATABASE
. Is there some update that I need to apply?