Newbie having weather on sitemap issues with Wunderground

Hello, very new to openHAB, so I have a lot to learn, but this software seems pretty awesome.

I followed this quick tip/trick:
How to add current or forecast weather icons to your sitemap (on the openHAB github wiki)
for getting the weather on my sitemap, and it mostly works, but some weather statuses don’t show up for some reason (no icon/image).

In the image below, I’m referring to the ‘Weather Two’ section. In the image below, you’ll see that whenever the status is ‘chancerain’ there is no image.

I very recently did this - like 2-3 days ago, so I haven’t had many unique weather statuses, but the ones that do work, always work, and the ones that don’t work, never work. So it seems to have to do with the individual statues.

Im running openHAB 1.6.2 on a Raspberry Pi. This is dealing with the ‘weather’ binding with Wunderground as you’ll notice below.

The ‘code’ for the relevant part of this ‘Weather Two’ frame in my sitemap file:
Frame label="WeatherTwo" { Text item=w }

If any other info would be helpful, let me know.

Thank you for checking this post out!

My log file

rwtR2EqS

If you are very new to openhab I recommend to use the latest stable version 1.8.1 and not this really old one. Otherwise it’s always difficult to help …
If you did a manual install just follow this guide

if you did an apt-get install just update and upgrade using apt-get

Once you follow @sihui’s advice, see this posting with a more up to date set of examples of how to do stuff with the Weather binding. Its a long thread, you might want to start at the bottom.

Thank you both for the advice.

Yesterday I realized that I gave incorrect information though - I was getting ready to ‘upgrade’, but realized that I don’t actually know what version of openHAB I have. I kept thinking I have 1.6.2, because that’s what I manually downloaded on one of my computers a while back, but I don’t know what I actually installed on my Raspberry Pi, because I installed it using the apt-get install method following a tutorial.

I’ve been Googling like crazy to figure out how to tell which version of openHAB I actually have but have come up with nothing. Sooo, I guess I’m asking now, how can I find out which version I currently have?

If you installed via apt-get using the instructions on the wiki then you have the latest which is 1.8.1.

While not a guarantee of the version of OH itself, you can check the names of the files in /usr/share/openhab/addons.

The last part of the name of the files will be numbers which indicate which version of OH that binding was released for.

Finally, when OH starts, the first line it generates in the log file (/var/log/openhab/openhab.log) will be something like this:

2016-03-15 09:35:01.790 [INFO ] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.8.1).

The (v1.8.1) will be your OH version.

Hi again,

Thank you for the tip Rich, on how to find out what version I have…I would’ve never thought of that. Anyway, you’re right, I do have 1.8.1.

I guess now I’ve got to start reading that looonnnggg thread…I’ll keep you guys updated.

Thanks again!