NIBE VVM 320 R Pnp config file

• Platform information: NIBE VVM 320 R
  • openHAB version: openHAB 4.1.1 Release Build
  • Nibe Heatpump Binding
  • Issue of the topic:
    Looking for a way to control “Smart home mode” I’m little bit newbie with these config files and I can’t get this option to show in my Openhab setup. I can see all the basic things that “things” on SMO40 shows. I also have both read and write commands enabled. So the simple question is what kind of code I have to edit so I can make selection between Away/Home/Vacation. The connection is working and I can see for example some temperature information.

If some one have full config example for all supported command for VVM 320 R I would be very happy :slight_smile:

openHAB is built on layers which all work together. It is strongly recommended to go through the Concepts sections of the docs and at least scan through the Getting Started Tutorial to gain an understanding on how all these layers work together.

From the limited information provided there is not a whole lot of specific support we can provide. From the description you have the Thing up and it’s working. That’s great! From this point onward, whether you are dealing with a NIBE VVM 320 or a Google Chromecast or a Tesla is all going to be the same.

Things have Channels. Channels get linked to Items. Sending a command to an Item causes a command to go through the Item, through the Thing, to the binding, and out to the end device. This is true no matter what the device or technology happens to be.

So do you have Items? If not you need to create some and link them to the Channels. Luckily you can “add equipment to model” from the Thing’s Channel’s page or “add equipment from Thing” from the model page.

How do you send a command to an Item? You can do so from a rule. You can do so from a sitemap. You can do so from a widget in MainUI. How do you want to command this Item?