Niko Home Control II

Please zip them :slight_smile: It’s just txt…

@Mherwege I don’t know if I will be able to do some good stuff but I would be interested in helping you to develop the binding. How can I connect to your git repository?
I use to develop in c++ but I have little skills in Java.

You can checkout the code here:

It hasn’t been commit to the OH master yet

I had to create dropbox link because zip files can’t be uploaded to the forum :cry:

New update: proper rollershutter discovery should work now. Please test and tell me if they work in general.
I have made no changes to the virtual action handling. I need more logs for that to make sure I have the correct behaviour.
You can download the binding here.

I like the lampadaire there :smiley:

Good to hear this is working, I will try to deliver you the additional logs this weekend concerning the rollershutters/motor.

Good news
Rollershutters does works. I need to do more tests but up down and stop actions are perfectly OK.
I will tell you more concerning position action
Thanks and congratulations

Hi,
I updated my connected controller wit nhc2 software yesterday.
When i drop the file org.openhab.binding.nikohomecontrol-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT (1) in usr/share/openhab2/addons nothing happens.

I removed the file and dropped this one in the folder: org.openhab.binding.upnpcontrol-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT

When i do this, i see immediately a response in the inbox from openHab. But when i add it, it searches for things but nothing appears. When i go to configuration ==> things, this appears: Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Niko Home Control: error starting bridge connection

I see in Dropbox that there is a folder called NHC2, but i cant find a .jar file in there. Are these files not necessary?

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks for the effort and patience

@K-Wood The 2.5.0 file from the dropbox folder is the correct one. The other jar is for a totally different binding.
Can it be that you still have the release version of the binding installed in openHAB? That’s the only way I can explain you would still detect a bridge after removing the 2.5.0 jar file. First remove your niko home control binding through PaperUI and then drop in the new version in the addons folder.

The tests, this morning, show that there is a tiny bug.
Indeed, the position feed back does not works…

I will need trace logs to analyze what is going on.

Indeed, i had the previous binding installed. I uninstalled it, but no other reaction when i dropped the 2.5 jar file in the addons folder. I’m currently searching on the net how i can set the log to Trace level. Here are two logs i found:
events.log (2.9 KB)

openhab.log (26.3 KB)

OK. For the development binding to work, you need to have the mqtt transport installed. The easy way is to install the mqtt binding. When it is merged, this will not be necessary anymore.

Thank you very much, this fixed it.

It seems that everything is working. What i can’t figure out is how i can link Amazon Alexa (on sonos device), to Openhab. I found this link, but that seems to need Openhab Cloud, and i think this binding is just local. https://community.openhab.org/t/official-alexa-smart-home-skill-for-openhab-2/23533

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help so far.

Edit: is this maybe the solution? https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/openhabcloud/

I don’t use Alexa, but it indeed needs the cloud connector. Alexa is in the cloud, so needs a way to connect.

As I said previously the status f shutters is not updated on the slider
@Mherwege do you have any idea?

@Nepomuk3000,

You will need to provide full details and record every step you do. For example, make a video of your actions on the touchscreen and tell us what happens with the sliders in OH. If you move the sliders in OH, do they move in the Niko apps?

You have to provide all details and trace logs to @Mherwege. We had a similar issue with the dimmer sliders so maybe the fix is easy but we can only start from logs :slight_smile:

@Nepomuk3000 I will need trace logs to analyze further. Note that it is expected the slider will only update when the rollershutter reaches its final position.

Latest NHC2 software 2.4.1 upgrades your coco to mosquito 1.5.3. Binding still works :slight_smile: