Nikobus binding Basic questions

Hi

Fairly new with OpenHAB, some experience with nikobus. I added all codes to my Harmony, for the WAF. I added an IP2IR inverter, read all the codes in with IPTach Learner, so I can now use my smartphone with iRule to command my nikobus too. Problem with that is that i have no feedback so no statusses of channels, reason why I’m switching to openhab. Rules aren’t that important to me, I would like to know the status of my lighting, my roller shutters and my dimmers. In a fase 2 (think 2017) I’ll start with those I think.

I was hoping that someone could share/post his sitemap and items file. I have experience with HTML, and I’m a good copy/paster, but linux an raspi is all fairly new to me so…

And another question:
I have a module 05-000-02 with 12 channels
I suppose I can go from 1 to 12 and not from 1:1-6 and from 2:1-6?

1=$18B74F00100155FF76C01A
Switch light_office {nikobus=“B74F:1”}
Switch light_hallway {nikobus=“B74F:2”}
Switch light_living {nikobus=“B74F:3”}
Switch light_kitchen {nikobus=“B74F:4”}
Switch light_diningroom {nikobus=“B74F:5”}
Switch light_toilet {nikobus=“B74F:6”}
Switch light_office {nikobus=“B74F:7”}
Switch light_hallway {nikobus=“B74F:8”}
Switch light_living {nikobus=“B74F:9”}
Switch light_kitchen {nikobus=“B74F:10”}
Switch light_diningroom {nikobus=“B74F:11”}
Switch light_toilet {nikobus=“B74F:12”}

I also have a light sensor and a motion sensor coupled to nikobus. One triggers exterior lighting, the second one makes the shutters go down. How can i read these out as sensors?

Thanks for all the good advice!

Thanks for creating a separate topic. If you think there are specific people that can help you, feel free to notify them by including their handle, e.g. @davy.

I was hoping that someone could share/post his sitemap and items file. I have experience with HTML, and I’m a good copy/paster, but linux an raspi is all fairly new to me so…

There is no nikobus specific info in sitemaps, so have a look at the wiki, this forum or the demo sitemap for generic examples.
For item configs, you typically only define a button (as a switch) or a light (as as switch).

I suppose I can go from 1 to 12 and not from 1:1-6 and from 2:1-6?

Indeed, just from 1 to 12.

I also have a light sensor and a motion sensor coupled to nikobus. One triggers exterior lighting, the second one makes the shutters go down. How can i read these out as sensors?

Light and motion sensors behave just like a wall switch. The easiest way to identify them is to put the binding in debug mode, and then trigger the sensor. That should give you the #N number of the sensor. Then you can just define them as:

Switch light_sensor {nikobus="#N003333"}
Switch motion_sensor {nikobus="#N003334"}

The switch items will receive the ON command when the sensors are triggered.