Nikobus compatibility OH2

Okay after a day:

2016-12-25 09:13:55.133 [TRACE] [ding.nikobus.internal.NikobusBinding] - Requesting scheduled status update for 021E

So to me it is OK now

I am now fully migrated to OH2 latest snapshot and I can confirm that the Nikobus feedback is not working.
I can switch lights through the app, but when I use a wall switch, the status is not updated in the app (nor OH2)
Something I’m looking over to?

di you enable the refresh in your config file?

Refresh enabled. Set to 60
Refresh is working if I look into the logs, only feedback is not working. Pressing a physical button does not reflect in Openhab until refresh timer has passed (refresh cycle triggered)

Strange for me it works perfect. Latest build or beta release? set log to trace and check what it does.

Beta 5 on a raspberry pi3.
Logs do not give any significant error even with trace.
The push button command is received in OH but the status on the sitemap does not update.

I think my issue is solved.
In my items file I had no bindings for all the buttons, therefor button feedback was not recorded.
I defined all buttons in my items file and now feedback is working.

I also noticed that in automation rules switching on a light does behave correctly when giving the ON command through a Nikobus button binding in stead of to the schakelmodule channel.

When giving the ON command to a schakelmodule channel item in a rule, the lights behave strangely (putting on/off different lights), which works correctly when giving the ON command to a Nikobus button item.

Something else I have noticed
After an apt-get update the feedback gives issues. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Nikobus binding does make the feedback working again

Hi Stefaan, hi Bart,

How can I DEBUG or TRACE my openhab2 Nikobus binding?

I’ve got my raspberry pi with openhab1 up and running perfect but my second raspberry pi with OH2 won’t turn lights on and off. Can’t discover the reason why.

Kind regards,

Willem

Have you installed v1x compatibility binding and the serial transport binding?

to debug: (if installed via apt)

nano /var/lib/openhab2/etc/

append at the bottom:

log4j.logger.org.openhab.binding.nikobus = DEBUG

restart openhab2

Hi Stefaan,

I’m on my work now but I think I didn’t install the serial transport binding. I’ll try tonight at home.

Thx

http://docs.openhab.org/administration/logging.html

Hi Stefaan, hi Bart,

Don’t exactly understand how to install the Nikobus and serial binding.

In the paper ui - configurations - system I turned on “Include Legacy 1.x bindings”

In the paper ui - add-ons I installed

• Nikobus Binding - binding-nikobus1 - 1.9.0.SNAPSHOT
  • Serial Binding - binding-serial1 - 1.9.0.SNAPSHOT
  • System Info Binding - binding-systeminfo - 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  • System Info Binding (1.x) - binding-systeminfo1 - 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT

The userinterface seems to work (BASIC UI). I can see all lighs/ports of my Nikobus installation. All items are there but some don’t have icons.

I think I start OH2 as a service. But I can’t get Karaf working.

Any tips?

W

Serial port not found. Unmarked it in the Nikobus.cfg file without result. Any tips?

You have to do it from karaf console via feature install or include it in your /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg:

package = standard
remote = true
legacy = true
binding = nikobus1,serial1
transport = serial

Hi Stefaan,

package, remote and legacy were marked with #, unmarked them.
binding was marked too. Completed with nikobus1,serial1 (without space).

transport wasn’t there. Typed a new line.

After a restart still got the same [ERROR]:
Serial port ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’ not found

Did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

Got a message (when upgrade) Failed to fetch https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/ws/distributions/openhab-online/target/apt-repo/openhab2-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.deb HttpError404

I guess the page/distribution adress is changed? How can i fix this?

I read somewhere I should install 1.x bindings not in Paper UI. Is that correct? Where/how should I install them?

Kind regards, vriendelijke bedankt

Willem

I do not think this is Openhab related.
Is your USB-to-serial properly configured (dmesg + lsusb) in Linux and is it a good cable (some converters do not work properly)

if this is all ok, is openhab user part of dialout group?

sudo adduser openhab dialout

Regarding the repo, see here:

I would suggest to use RC1. This works perfectly for me and I use quite some bindings and rules.

For installing compat1x you need to enter the karaf console (see https://docs.openhab.org/administration/console.html)

and run

feature:install openhab-runtime-compat1x

i hope this helps you further, met plezier gedaan! :slight_smile:

Stefaan,

It was de dialout. I’ts now possible to turn the lights on and off. But when i use wall switches openhab is not updated. I think i’m gonna read this item again to fix this?

Is it a good idea to install openHABian on a second Pi so i get the latest stable version automaticly? Maybe its easier for a non-linux user like me?

Kind regards

Another question: Is it possible to use HABpanel in combination with the Nikobus binding?

@wimu: Habpanel is just an interface and it works lovely with the nikobus binding. i created a HABpanel for using on a wall mount low budget tablet. I can control my Nikobus, yamaha AV, Squeezebox players, Vera connected alarm system,… Works great. ony thing I’m missing in HABpanel is a florplan view/interaction possibility like habmin.

Keep in mindo for Nikobus binding to work best, you read the status from the channels of a schakelmodule, but you better give commands to a drukknop (configured on nikobus schakelmodule to control a light) instead of giving the command to a schakelmodule channel (gives a lot of difficult to troubleshoot issues in rules,…)
Example below in my items file:

// schakelmodule kanaal
Switch LPgarage “Licht Garage” (Schakelmodule) { nikobus=“ABCD:1” }

// drukknop die dit kanaal aan en uit doet
Switch BP_keuken_garage_aan “Schakelaar garageverlichting” (BP) { nikobus="#NA9WXYZ[ABCD-1]" }
Switch BP_keuken_garage_uit “Schakelaar garageverlichting” (BP) { nikobus="#NEWXYZ[ABCD-1]" }

In rules stuur ik OFF / ON commands enkel naar de BP-items en lees ik de status van de overeenkomstige LP-item (en dat werkt prima)

I do not use openHABian. I use MAX2play and install on that image mosquitto, java, and openhab2. In that way the RPI also serves as a multiroom music server/player (squeezebox/DLNA)

Installing Openhab2 natively is a piece of cake (A single distro from now on!) when using

sudo apt-get install openhab2 openhab2-addons openhab2-addons-legacy