No access to openhab:8080 by wifi

Hi
I am running openhabian on resp pi 4 for a month and everything is going well.
Yesterday I had electricity break down to all of my house and after the power came back I could not access anymore to openhab:8080 by wifi.
I can access only by IP.
From my pc (connected by Lan) I can access the openhab:8080.
Does anyone knows what should I do to have access again from wifi? Does the problem can be in the router?
In addition the ip of the OH is not static. Is there a guide to set the OH address to be static?

Thanks in advanced,
Inmar

Sounds like you need to go into router setting and set a reserved address for OH after you find what the new IP is.

From a linux box you can use:
sudo arp-scan --interface=wlp12s0 --localnet

to scan the network and show all devices. Just change the wlp12s0 part to match your machine.

On a related note, if you’re not already running a UPS, it’s a good idea to do so. Sudden power cuts can corrupt your SD card.

Adding to @H102’s comment, I set static IP addresses on my router for all of the WiFi devices that I have attached to OH. At the very least, I’d recommend doing that for your RPi so that you always know where to find it on your network.

Hi @H102
I don’t have an option on my router to set reserved addresses.
I don’t understand why is it stopped working. What could have changed that openhab:8080 is not accessible anymore?

Another thing that I found - from a laptop I can access by wifi to openhab:8080.
I cannot do it only from android devices.

From the Android device try with the OH servers IP address e.g. 10.0.1.31:8080

If that works then you can bookmark it and access OH from there or maybe try doing a reset on your router to get DHCP to work properly.

Problem solved after factory reset to my router …
Probably some definition blocked that option.

Thanks @H102

1 Like