No habmin chart from some data in openhab2

mqtt
charts
habmin
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f01487b3220> #<Tag:0x00007f01487b3090> #<Tag:0x00007f01487b2e88>

(ROUGEXIII) #1

Hi,

My charts are working well in habmin, but I tried to add some more data to display.
When I try to chart these data, charts stay blank. I don’t know what I’m missing.
The data I add (The two first vary from 0 to 65535) are transmitted through MQTT.

The *.items file : (first I tried with <sun> instead <number> but no difference)

Number  Dist11_UVA      "UVA Dist 11 [%d ]"             <number>        (Group_UV,Graph_UV,Graph_Test)  { mqtt="<[serveurmqtt:ESP_NR/Capteurs/UVA/Dist11:state:default]" }
    Number  Dist11_UVB      "UVB Dist 11 [%d ]"             <number>        (Group_UV,Graph_UV,Graph_Test)  { mqtt="<[serveurmqtt:ESP_NR/Capteurs/UVB/Dist11:state:default]" }
    Number  Dist11_UVIndex  "UVIndex Dist 11 [%.2f ]"       <number>        (Group_UV,Graph_UV,Graph_Test)  { mqtt="<[serveurmqtt:ESP_NR/Capteurs/UVIndex/Dist11:state:default]" }
    Number  Dist11_Batt     "Batt Dist 11 [%d mv]"          <battery>       (Group_Batt,Graph_Batt,Graph_Test)      { mqtt="<[serveurmqtt:ESP_NR/Capteurs/Batterie/Dist11:state:default]" }
Group   Group_UV
Group   Group_Batt

Group   Graph_UV
Group   Graph_Batt

The rrd4j.persist file:

Group_UV* : strategy = everyUpdate, restoreOnStartup

The data are fine transmitted through MQTT

The *.rrd files associates to this items are well created in /var/lib/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j/ and if I delete it, it reappears.

The /var/log/openhab2/events.log and /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log show some time error but nothing to do with this.

Any clue where it could comes from? What did I miss?

(Vincent Regaud) #2

The rrd4j persistence MUST include the everyMinute strategy, see:

(ROUGEXIII) #3

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.

I dont understand I removed the “everyMinute” from some other items groups and they still charting well.
Is this because they had some record from before when “everyMinute” was activated for them?

Is there a way to only store data when a change occurs? Not on a time frequency?
I don’t know if I understand all explanations of your link, some data are loosed and old data are averaged by openhab when going forwards?

(Sorry for my English)

(Vincent Regaud) #4

Not with rrd4j

If you want something more flexible and nice graphs then see:

(Vincent Regaud) #5

Probably

Yes, fine data is lost over time and averaged. The rrd4j database will not grow infinitely in size

(ROUGEXIII) #6

You were right, now my charting is working with this new items! Thank you again :slight_smile:

I’m interested in InfluxDB but by following your link I read this

These are the special steps to install InfluxDB and Grafana on a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3, the older Raspberry Pi 1 is not suited due to it’s ARMv6 architecture .

My openhab2 server run on a cute Raspberry Pi (the first) revision B (Raspbian Jessie). So I understand that InfluxDB need too much resources to run on it? What do you think could be better than rrd4j for my small RPi?

I use SQlite for my other services (very light against MySQL)