No HABPanel for OH3 because it's behind auth

It works with Firefox here… maybe you’re blocking cookies or similar. Open the developer tools, go to the Storage tab and verify that you have:

1. in “cookies” a cookie named X-OPENHAB-SESSION-ID
  2. in “local storage” an entry named openhab.ui:refreshToken

Normally HABPanel should open in admin mode, not sure why it doesn’t.

1 Like

Hi Yannick,

I have the cookie:

and the token:

I finally managed to get a “clean” login to OH (cleaned the whole browser cache and restarted Firefox) and have now also directly the “Wetterstation-neu” configuration when clicking on the HABPanel app in the Main UI:

But the gear wheel was missing while I was writing this … but when I once used the gear wheel on the top right for the HABPanel dashboard then the gear wheel beside the Date & Time in the bottom left suddenly appeared :thinking:

I take this as a success and a solution and kindly thank you for your support!!!
At least I have now a guidance what to check when the problem reoccurs!!!

THANK YOU !!!

No worries, but this is still strange:

Let me know if it was a one-off situation or if it can be reproduced, thanks!

I tested tonight with a clean restarted Firefox Version 87 on macos Mojave. I cleaned up the complete browser cache. I then opened the openHAB login page and logged in with my administrator userid and password => clicked in the top right to get the “App Panel” => clicked on HABPanel to start HABPanel => but no gear wheels upper right and bottom left.
I checked with the developer browser console that the session cookie is set but the token in the “Local Storage” is missing :frowning:

I tried this several times cleaning the cache, logging off and on again two and three times but openhab.ui:refreshToken is still missing :frowning:

I checked in the settings that that no cookies are blocked but I am not sure if the cookie settings have something to do with the token?

Does it work with the same browser on demo.openhab.org (login with demo/demo)?
Once you’re logged and go to HABPanel you should get the admin buttons and UI.
(there is no configuration, that’s normal)

Hi all,
OH3 latest stable.
How do I select alternative panel on non-admin device?
It does show the default one (the one which has “star” on the admin device).
If I assign a start to another panel config, non-admin device panel remains the same it was before.
In any case, my goal is to have several devices running different panels, stored on a server.

Thanks!

I get the same issue. Firefox doesn’t work (even on the demo app). Chrome works ok.

Even marking the panel saved with star, it won’t display in the OpenHAB Beta App, just says no default panel.

Is there a fix for this?!

I found out that you need to login to the Main-UI once ON THIS DEVICE, and then go back to Habpanel and then you see the gear icon and can choose a different panel or whatever.

Hi. Can I just say the AdblockPlus will definitely exhibit this behaviour. I’ve just disabled it for my new install and the Habpanel is now configurable. Cheers

1 Like