- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3, ARM7
- OS: Raspbian Buster Lite 4.19
- Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 188.8.131.52-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)
- openHAB version: Openhab 2
- Issue of the topic: I could not find openhabian-config. Is there any other way to install mosquitto? From paperUI I installed two bindings “MQTT Binding” and “Network Binding”… I can see that something is running on port 1883. But I could not see the logs.
Welcome to the openHAB Forum.
According your platfrom information you have NOT used the “openhabian” image to install OS and openHAB, without that Image you simply don’t have “openhabian-config” .
Since mosquitto is no part of openHAB you can install it as any other linux package.
$sudo apt-get install mosquitto mosquitto-clients
It’s possible to install the openhabian tools manually:
Worked!!! I acted like a stupid…
FYI in my case I DID download the image directly, and there is no openhabian-config. I had to login using openhabian which put me into /home/openhabian, and openhabian-config does not exist, and yes I was sudo. Just an FYI.
The image I used was the following:
also under /opt - I have a file that says “openHABian-install-failed”.