`no profile available for the selected item` error message

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
    • openHAB version: 3
  • Issue of the topic: There is no profile available for the selected item error message while trying to create an item for a thing

I have been able to create a thing for a Zigbee pushbutton through a phoscon gateway.
I’m confident that the thing is correctly configured because I get this in the Openhab logging when pushing the button

20:08:54.836 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent  ] - deconz:switch:homeserver:swTestXiaomi:buttonevent triggered 1000
20:08:55.050 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent  ] - deconz:switch:homeserver:swTestXiaomi:buttonevent triggered 1002
20:08:57.586 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent  ] - deconz:switch:homeserver:swTestXiaomi:buttonevent triggered 1000
20:08:58.203 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent  ] - deconz:switch:homeserver:swTestXiaomi:buttonevent triggered 1001
20:08:58.668 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent  ] - deconz:switch:homeserver:swTestXiaomi:buttonevent triggered 1003

However, when I try to create an item for this thing in the OpenHAB3 web UI, I get this error

Why does such a simple thing fail ?

Here’s the steps I take

That’s a Trigger Event Channel. You can’t link those to an Item. There is no state in this type of channel.

This type of channel can be used to trigger a rule directly. No items required or allowed.

Comment: technically, it is possible to link some event channels to Items, but it can only be done using certain profiles.
I don’t think MainUI properly deals with this circumstance.
But it is very rarely needed for any reason. It’s unlikely you need to do it here.

Ok, thans for the help. I’ll try to consume the event directly In the script.
Any hint on how to do that in Javascript ?