No Thing Types to choose from when trying to add Z-wave device

Hi,
I’m new to openHAB and decided to try openHAB2 even though it is still in beta. I’m using the RaZberry addon card on a Raspberry Pi 2 and have, to my knowledge, successfully been able to…

1. Install z-way to support RaZberry
  2. Install openHAB 2 w/ HABmin
  3. Install z-wave binding on openHAB

I have also, through, z-way been able to add a z-wave device to my raspberry but I have not been able to add any z-wave device or thing to openHAB…

When I try add a “Thing” I do not get any thing types to choose from in the wizard… Should I have z-way installed or is it sufficient with only openHAB? Shall the z-way-server be running?

Thanks for your patients!
br
Henrik

First you have to add the controller, take a look here:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/habmin

No.

Thank you sihui!
The problem is, however, that when I follow the instructions that you liked to I am unable to add the Controller! When I choose Things Configuration and click the + sign I can not select any Serial Controller… :confused:

What am I missing here?

I don’t use the Razberry board so I’m not a lot of a help.
Search for “Razberry” on the board, you will find many hints, f.e. adding the user openhab to dialout group …

I solved it by the following steps:

1. Adding -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyAMA0 to the environmental variable JAVA_OPTS in file /etc/default/openhab2
  2. Disabling z-way-server (sudo /etc/init.d/z-way-server stop and sudo update-rc.d z-way-server disable to make it permanent)
  3. Adding openhab user to groups tty and dialout.
  4. Reboot

:smile:

1 Like