No values from LOGO8.FS4

Hi,

I have a Siemens Logo 8.FS4 (at least that is what Logo Comfort under “Offline settings” “Hardware Type” states) that controls my shutters.

As a first step, I’ve been trying to get values from the digital and analogous outputs, i.d. to see if an output is active or not, but PaperUI nor the log files show any values coming from the Logo when I press the controls of my shutters.

When I add the .things below, all 24 inputs and outputs as well as all 8 analogous outputs are shown and I can also assign items to the things, but well… no values.

My .things file looks like this

Bridge plclogo:device:Logo8_EG [ address="192.168.178.54", family="0BA8", localTSAP="0x3000", remoteTSAP="0x2000", refresh=1000 ]
{
  Thing digital  Inputs  [ kind="I" ]
  Thing digital  Outputs [ kind="Q" ]
  Thing analog  AnalogOutputs [ kind="AQ", force=true ]
}

My .items like this

Number DownCounter { channel="plclogo:analog:Logo_Hozzpower_EG:AnalogOutputs:AQ7" }
Number UC { channel="plclogo:analog:Logo_Hozzpower_EG:AnalogOutputs:AQ8" }
Switch OfficeDown { channel="plclogo:analog:Logo_Hozzpower_EG:Outputs:Q16"  }

There are no error in the openhab.log file. The only message constantly showing up every second is

"[INFO ] [nding.plclogo.internal.PLCLogoClient] - Reconnect duringread from 192.168.178.54: Data Receiving timeout."

Any hints on what I’ve might been missing? My files look like all the other examples and the documentation. Should I change to my “Hardware Type” to “0BA8.Standard” in LogoComfort?

Hi @dabuki,

try to change

Number DownCounter { channel="plclogo:analog:Logo_Hozzpower_EG:AnalogOutputs:AQ7" }

to

Number DownCounter { channel="plclogo:analog:Logo8_EG:AnalogOutputs:AQ7" }

EDIT: The INFO message means, that no connection to LOGO! with given name is given. That’s why no values are fetched.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Hi

thanks for the hint.

The wrong names in the .items file were a copy/paste error, because I had to change the names to get a new “set up”. Initially, I had them correctly entered. With the correct names I don’t get any values either (or I still overlook some typos, that’s why I recreate the whole files from scratch this evening to be sure…)

Regarding the INFO message, the IP address is correct. So I don’t understand why there is not a connection possible.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi,

This case, please, check TSAP settings. They depend on the settings in LogoSoft Comfort.
Values in documentation are examples only.

Kind regrads,

Alexander

Hi,

I’ve checked that. Should be correct or am I looking in the wrong place in LogoComfort?

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi,

this configuration allows to communicate LOGO’s with each other. To communicate with OpenHAB each LOGO! needs S7-Server connection configured. Be sure, the LOGO!'s have different TSAP. I.e, if LOGO! with IP 192.168.168.53 have TSAP 30.00, then 192.168.178.54 must have something else. For example 31.00.

Kind regards,

Alexander.

PS: Is it by intention, LOGO’s are in different net segments?

1 Like

Hi,

ah, ok :slight_smile: Many thanks! Then my Logo Comfort Setup was wrong.

I had to change my project to a network project and add the settings as you mentioned. Now I get values from my Logo :slight_smile:

Great many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreas

PS: Background, I just downloaded the project from my Logo, as it was programmed by someone else, who did the electrical engineering in our new house and he didn’t give me the project files. So after loading it from the Logo, I just got the programm in the module designer and as I’m a Logo newbie I didn’t know about the network project. The different network segments are not by intention, just by accident. Now it looks like this after I followed the Siemens tutorial on YouTube

logo_networkdiagramm