Node-Red flows working but not accessible

Hey guys,

i realized the i cannot longer acces rules writen in Node Red. The rules are Working, but if i try to access them on Port 1880 i get an emty Node Red pane.

Has anyone an Idea?

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
I’m sure this reply is way too late, but I’ve had that problem myself a couple of times. Just recently I had some flow tabs go missing from the editor, but still working as intended. There appears to be a bug with the editor, causing a formatting error in the flows_*.json file under certain circumstances. It happend for me when I deleted a number of disabled tabs which I was using to store code examples. After I deleted the tabs and deployed, I had missing tabs that were previously OK. I have also had all tabs come back blank after a deployment. I copied the flows_openHABianPi.json file and imported into node-red (on Windows) and found that some flows that were previously in seperate tabs, were now on top of each other in the same tab. I assume this is due to some corruption in the flows_openHABianPi.json file, so it can be fixed by going over the flows_openHABianPi.json file and manually fixing formatting problems, or using the editor to copy/paste as required. Suffice to say its a pain if you have a lot of code!

Note I am an electronics guy, not a linux guru, so if someone has a better way of doing this please feel free to comment. I couldnt find a straight answer to the question of how exactly to copy the flows_openHABianPi.json file (on openhabian) and it took me ages to work this out.

How to find your node-red flows file in openhabian on raspbery pi…

///LIST DIRECTORIES JUST TO MAKE SURE WE KNOW WHERE WE ARE///
[16:50:30] openhabian@openHABianPi:/$ cd …
[16:50:36] openhabian@openHABianPi:/$ ls
bin boot dev etc home lib lost+found media mnt opt proc root run sbin srv sys tmp usr var

///CHANGE TO ROOT USER - YOUR NORMAL USER PASSWORD REQUIRED///
[16:50:40] openhabian@openHABianPi:/$ sudo su root
[16:50:41] root@openHABianPi:/#

///FIND THE FILE THAT CONTAINS ALL FLOWS///
[16:50:50] root@openHABianPi:/# find . -iname flows_*
./root/.node-red/flows_openHABianPi_cred.json
./root/.node-red/flows_openHABianPi.json <— THIS ONE! :slight_smile:
./var/tmp/flows_openHABianPi.json.swo
./var/tmp/flows_openHABianPi.json.swp
./var/tmp/flows_openHABianPi.json.swn

///VIEW THE FILE///
[16:51:10] root@openHABianPi:/# cat ./root/.node-red/flows_openHABianPi.json

///COPY AND PASTE THE LISTING SOMEWHERE ELSE…

1 Like