Not able to change codes on Yale lock (YRD446)

Please try and get a debug log showing the issue - otherwise it’s hard for me to help you. Sorry.

It would be really great if an actual lock code manager was added to openhab. I mean I know someone would have to donate their time to make something like that, but I think it would be a very nice thing to have. :slight_smile:

So there is no way to add code to a lock without physically doing so on the lock itself?

That kinda seems like a glaring fault. If you had some kinda AirBNB place and want to create new codes for guests youd need to go there each time to do so?

Is code management into the lock a function of the binding? Sorry trying to udnerstand as I want to purchase one but want to make sure it will do what i need.

It is supposed to work. It just doesn’t seem to be working very well. I have not tested it yet but I think it may have a finicky requirement for the way the codes are added and removed. Until I actually test this at some point I don’t really know for sure.

If you are running some air bnb, I would strongly recommend a SmartThings hub with the SmartThings Classic app for code management. And this coming from someone who absolutely hates SmartThings.

You can set codes through HABmin. This has been in the codebase for a couple of years.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have such an issue. I just tested it, and it looks ok, and looking at the code, it simply takes the user code ID, and sets this code. It seems to work here so please provide debug a log showing your problem so I can understand what is happening with your system.

1 Like

Thanks Chris and if editing the XML to reduce the number of codes then this makes that process a bit easier in Habmin as its not required to load 10s or hundreds of codes or was the binding changed to limit the code number

This is also a good point - my lock only has a small number of codes available so maybe there’s an issue when there are hundreds of codes. This is why I need logs - otherwise we are just guessing.

1 Like

@chris is there something we have to modify to find the property to add user codes for the lock? I looked through Habmin and PaperUI through all the properties, and I don’t see anywhere to add the codes. I am running OpenHab2 2.4 with the latest org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar from Jul 5, 2019 3:53:44 AM. I’m new to OH, so bare with me if I’m missing something.

Edit: Please disregard, I ended up having to exclude and include again for it to take the security aspect into account. After including again, it still took a while for the User Codes to show up, but they did show up in both PaperUI and Habmin. FYI, originally I included by carrying the Z-Stick to the lock and including, this time I included in PaperUI without taking out the Z-Stick, so maybe that had something to do with it.

1 Like

I have a Yale KeyFree Connected lock (YKFCON). Im trying to update the codes on it with no success. I have OH2.4, but have updated the ZWave binding to 2.5 SNAPSHOT.
Pulling a log with a NODE 4 filter this is what I get:

New to openhab so just learning the ropes.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a log from karaf with the zwave filter. I tried to do another code update.
Just in case anything is missing from the above log.

LogZwave.xml (28.3 KB)
XML Attached also because log looks fine from viewer but as you can see in the xml there is cancelled transactions etc.