Not able to find the field USER CODE in habmin for WTRFID Mini Keypad RFID/Z-Wave

Hello,
I have a WTRFID Mini Keypad RFID/Z-Wave connected via HABmin.
I search for a long tiime on openhab forum the way to enter a USER CODE in the keypad.
@chris
Please could you help me to find the field in HABmin?
Let me know for further information,
Thanks for your help
Louis

• Platform information: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 with Razberry Zwave.me board
  • Issue of the topic: not able to find the field USER CODE in habmin for WTRFID Mini Keypad RFID/Z-Wave

I’m speculating a little here, but I see that the device is not securely included. Normally locks must be securely included into the network before certain classes can be used - eg you can’t unlock a door if the lock wasn’t securely included into the network.

I suspect that this may also be the case here - you can’t change PIN codes if the lock isn’t secured since it would be easy for someone to change the PIN and unlock your door.

I would suggest to exclude the device and ensure it is reset and included into the network securely.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your answer, I have excluded the device and try to include it securely twice.
My concern is also when I include and exclude a device I can see a red led light on the Raz board switching on.
And after some inclusion/exclusion the red light doesn’t work anymore.
I restart openhab and communication between openhab and the board is OK now.
So the result is the same and I can read in the log it’s not secure, is it the reason why ?

2020-06-13 18:10:39.333 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 6: Application Command Request (ALIVE:DYNAMIC_VALUES)
2020-06-13 18:10:39.335 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 6: Incoming command class COMMAND_CLASS_USER_CODE, endpoint 0
2020-06-13 18:10:39.336 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - **NODE 6: SECURITY not supported**
2020-06-13 18:10:39.338 [DEBUG] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 6: Received COMMAND_CLASS_USER_CODE V1 USER_CODE_REPORT
2020-06-13 18:10:39.339 [DEBUG] [mmandclass.ZWaveUserCodeCommandClass] - NODE 6: USER_CODE_REPORT 91 is AVAILABLE
2020-06-13 18:10:39.341 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveUserCodeValueEvent
2020-06-13 18:10:39.342 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint=0, command class=COMMAND_CLA0
2020-06-13 18:10:39.344 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Config updated
2020-06-13 18:10:39.358 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 6: Commands processed 1.

I’m not really familiar with this device so I’m not really able to comment with any real authority on what’s happening. Are you able to provide a debug log showing the inclusion and initialisation?

1 Like

Ok,
Yes sure, I’m able to provide the complete log in debug mode.
Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Hello,
You can find bellow, the log to include the WTRFID Mini Keypad RFID.
Let me know if you need more log.
Thanks
WTRFID-node-6-inclusion.log (291.2 KB)

The log shows the binding is downloading the user codes, so I’m not sure why this isn’t showing up in the UI. I need to remind myself how this works - I thought it was as simple as the binding detecting this and providing these configuration options if it detects this feature in the device.

Yes, my understanding of the behaviour is :slight_smile:

• 1 - The device is included and appears in the UI as “Z-Wave Node 006”
  • 2 - A second trame of the device permit to identify the type Id
  • 3 - With a F5/browser refresh, the name of the device appears in the UI like this "“Z-Wave Node 006 : WTRFID Mini Keypad RFID Combine”
  • 4 - When I press the button ADD in the HABmin UI to import in the THING list, the first configuration loaded seems to be good, but no USER_CODE field
  • 5 - After the WTRFID included, the device send a trame and the UI load another configuration and some field in the HABmin UI disappear.
  • 6 - I add some items to check in Openhab and I can retreive some status : alarm_burglar and notification_access_control the rest do not return anything

This isn’t quite the way the configuration works. In any case, I’ve checked that my understanding is correct, so I don’t know why this isn’t being shown in the UI. Can you provide the XML for this device please?

Here you are the node6 XML file from openhab Zwave folder (/var/lib/openhab2/zwave)
network_d9325fd2__node_6.xml (52.3 KB)

Thanks. This looks ok to me, so I’m not sure why these parameters aren’t showing up in the configuration.

Yep, I have 2 devices and both has the same behaviour and it’s not possible to find the USER_CODE field.
Let me know if you need more element, screenshot .
Thanks again for your time

At the moment I’m not sure where to take this - it should work ok, but I don’t have a similar device to do any testing myself.